Technical Writer - Remote / Telecommute
Cynet Systems Franklin Lakes, NJ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are looking for Technical Writer - Remote / Telecommute for our client in Franklin Lakes, NJ
Job Title: Technical Writer - Remote / Telecommute
Job Location: Franklin Lakes, NJ
Job Type: Contract
“W2 candidates are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b or work with third-party candidates at this time.”
- The Technical Writer is responsible for developing, revising, and implementing new and revised technical documentation primarily for client products.
- This associate will act as the liaison between Labeling Design and User Information Development, R&D, Marketing, Quality, Medical, Regulatory, and plant production teams, and will lead or participate in special projects on behalf of the Labeling Design and Development group.
- Develops, revises, and reviews product package inserts and user manuals to ensure compliance/conformity with existing Corporate, Regulatory, and Global (ISO, PAL, etc.) guidelines.
- Works with internal teams (R&D, Marketing, Quality, Medical, Regulatory, and Plant production teams) to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements.
- Writes and/or prepares technical software documentation.
- Studies and reviews manufacturers' data, drawings, parts lists, and prototypes to delineate technology, operating procedures, and specific logistics of the operation.
- Collaborates the development or revision of product documentation/digital content to determine specifications for type style, font size, clarity and conformity of wording, formatting, topic-based order, and printing deliverables.
- Works with Label Control, Incoming Inspection, Operations, and Quality to resolve issues regarding technical documentation and to develop procedures geared toward minimizing and eliminating recalls related to technical information.
- Creates and maintains multiple information architecture outputs.
- Analyses existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities.
- Develops and reviews vendor specifications for technical documentation, and develops and maintains graphic standards for manuals and digital content.
- Participates in the GPDS product development process.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of management, business units (Corporate and International), and possesses a high degree of flexibility/selectivity in prioritizing business units and plant projects to meet established goals.
- Keeps abreast of the basic requirements for compliance in your own area of work and complies with those requirements; participates as required in training on regulatory issues affecting your own area of work; brings regulatory compliance questions/issues to the attention of management.
- Bachelor's degree in English or related field with a minimum of five years of experience in technical writing and a minimum of two years of experience managing digital content projects; or equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- Ability to lead and participate in group projects, act as a team leader, develop project timelines, communicate effectively, and implement projects.
- Ability to handle multiple projects with excellent follow-up skills.
- Detail-oriented and have the ability to work under deadline pressure; must be able to deal with unresolved situations, frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events.
- Ability to perform spreadsheet and database maintenance for reporting the status of projects to management.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in technical writing and editing for print and digital content.
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, MS Excel).
- Demonstrated proficiency in DTP software applications (Adobe InDesign, Adobe FrameMaker, Adobe Illustrator).
- Knowledge of digital content software applications such as MadCap Flare or RoboHelp is required.
- Able to travel domestically and internationally up to 10%.
Cynet SystemsWhy Work Here?
CYNET has been named "Best Places To Work". We are a world class organization serving world class clients.
visit our career site to see all open positions @ http://jobs.cynetsystems.com
AddressFranklin Lakes, NJ