We are looking for Senior Product Development Engineer for our client in San Diego, CA
Job Title: Senior Product Development Engineer
Job Location: San Diego, CA
Job Type: Contract
“W2 candidates are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b or work with third-party candidates at this time.”
- The client is looking for a highly motivated engineer for a unique opportunity to join a fast-paced global R&D team responsible for value engineering and commercializing disposable infusion products.
- The successful candidate will be a detail-oriented self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills.
- The individual will be responsible for working cross-functionally to understand end-user needs, translating those into system requirements, developing robust design solutions, and supporting design transfer to manufacturing and operations.
- The individual is expected to proactively manage technical risks, drive feasibility testing, robustness testing, manage error budgets, cost models, and drive timely completion of projects.
- These projects can involve automation, mechanical design, mechanical testing, materials engineering, and other types of mechanical engineering projects.
- Product Development experience required.
- Infusion, disposable experience.
Minimum Qualifications and Competencies:
- BS – Mechanical Engineering, Materials Engineering, or Biomedical Engineering with emphasis on mechanical design and development.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a practicing engineer.
- Working knowledge of design control processes and creating and maintaining design control documentation.
- Excellent knowledge of fundamental Mechanical Engineering principles and strong experience in their application to solving manufacturing and engineering problems.
- Prior experience of working as part of a cross-functional team with members from marketing, sales, clinical, regulatory, operations, etc.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to manage multiple projects of varying scopes at once.
- MS – Mechanical Engineering, Materials Engineering, or Biomedical Engineering with emphasis on mechanical design and development.
- Prior experience in the medical device industry, medical device design controls, ISO standards.
- Prior experience in injection molding, plastic extrusion, DFM for high volume manufacturing, medical product sterilization.
- Solid Works or equivalent CAD tool.
- Background and experience in the Design of Experiments and statistical methods of analysis.