We are looking for Senior Database Administrator for our client in Quincy, MA / Boston, MA
Job Title: Senior Database Administrator
Job Location: Quincy, MA / Boston, MA
Job Type: Contract
- Manage database security and permissions across multiple environments by applying knowledge of database management systems.
- Serve as a technical expert for SQL Server and Oracle relational databases.
- Candidate must be familiar with the creation, implementation, and maintenance of Oracle database objects, schemas, and Fine Grain Access.
- Knowledge and experience with JAVA, MS SQL as well as application interfaces is essential.
- Improve management, deployment, capacity planning, and uptime of customer-facing mission-critical systems through better monitoring tools and self-healing automation.
- Drive best practices around use and troubleshooting across the engineering organization.
- Ensure engineers and other internal users can easily use databases to find the information they need and that the systems perform as expected.
- Monitor database performance and perform performance-tuning support.
- Ensure organizational and customer data is secure.
- Backup and restore data to prevent data loss.
- Ensure the reliability and integrity of database backups to meet business recovery point objectives.
- Identify user needs to create and administer databases.
- Ensure databases operate efficiently and without error.
- Make and test modifications to database structure when needed.
- Implement technologies to support master/slave data architecture including transactional replication and change tracking.
- Review and execute T-SQL\PL-SQL code submitted by the various engineering team.
- Contribute to our internal knowledge base by documenting operational workflows and troubleshooting guides.
- Proactively monitor and resolve database alerts.
- Triage database health and performance issues and troubleshoot database outages as they occur.
- Automate routine DBA tasks using scripting such as PowerShell.
- Review all assigned database objects prior to deployment
- Review all scripts for accuracy and enforcing naming conventions is necessary for database consistency, functionality and application functionality
- Deployment of code/objects to all environments
- Maintain and enhance interfaces
- Assist with and maintain Meditech Data Repository
- Assist with DDS MS SQL Servers and objects
- Clearly communicate and/or escalate to their supervisor any IT operations issues or disruptions (planned or unplanned) to minimize user impact.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external groups in a team environment to improve overall customer service and support.
- Utilize resources available through client and other sources for assistance with problem resolution.
- Responsible for timely response and support during scheduled and authorized non-business hours to ensure continuity of services to the network environment.
- Participate in team meetings as required
- Assist with site-specific projects as related to infrastructure and server support
- Assist with local backup and restore process
- After hours support as authorized and required
- Responsible to perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications Required: Five (5) years in each of the following:
- Supporting an SQL Server transactional replication environment
- Microsoft PowerShell to automate DBA functions
- Collecting, monitoring, and analyzing SQL Server systems performance data
- Implementing HA and DR solutions available within SQL Server using AGs, FCIs, or log shipping.
- Working on cross-functional teams on projects including server migrations, version upgrades, or shared development environment refreshers
- Hands-on demonstrable experience using T-SQL
- Knowledge of hardware and Microsoft operating systems through the current version
- Experience supporting MS Office Suite
- Experience working with Oracle, JAVA, TOAD
- Experience working with MS SQL Server, SQL Server troubleshooting
- Knowledge of IT industry standards.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of professional writing and communication methods.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to understand the laws, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures, standards and guidelines governing all client activities.
- Knowledge and experience with basic security measures and requirements
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- SQL Server performance tuning methodologies
- Optimizing SQL Server database code
- Data structures, algorithms, programming/scripting languages, or relational database design and concepts.
- Bachelor's degree (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, or a directly related field plus five (5) years of experience as a hands-on SQL Server Database Administrator or similar role.