Job Title: Mortgage Underwriter - Remote / Telecommute
Job Location: New York City, NY
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire
- As a Mortgage Loan Underwriter, for one of our client projects, The candidate will bring your practical experience underwriting residential mortgage loans in accordance with GSE and internal guidelines ensuring compliance with company and investor standards.
- Complete a thorough analysis of loan files to determine compliance with investors.
- Evaluate the entire credit package and collateral for residential mortgage loans and ultimately ensure an investment quality loan product and creditworthiness of the borrowers and acceptability of the collateral.
- Identify potential quality loans to be held in the portfolio if secondary market guidelines cannot be met.
- Verify the accuracy of all calculations.
- Maintain a working knowledge of secondary market underwriting guidelines, private investors, and private mortgage insurance guidelines.
- Assist with maintaining compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and ordinances by abiding by compliance program and all policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Assist in the development of underwriting standards.
- Help loan processors, giving general guideline interpretations, and answering questions on specific loan files.
- Respond to post-closing review and quality control audits in a timely fashion.
Required Skills / Experience:
- Mortgage Underwriting - Minimum 3 years of experience is required.
- Multi-tasking, high volume, available to be flexible, and work weekends as needed.
- The candidate has current, in-depth knowledge of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac lending guidelines and understands how those relate to internal and investor guidelines.
- The candidate has a thorough knowledge of complex personal and business financial analysis and expertise in a tax return and balance sheet analysis.
- The candidate can make timely, accurate decisions on all loan transactions.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills required.
- Excellent written and communication skills required.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required, some college preferred, College degree desired.
- Intermediate to computer proficiency skills with Microsoft Office, Excel, and Mortgage Loan Applications/Software) Encompass 360 desired.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and function in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
- Adaptability and acceptance to change.
- High school or equivalent is required.
New York, NY