We are looking for Immigration Specialist for our client in San Diego, CA
Job Title: Immigration Specialist
Job Location: San Diego, CA
Job Type: Contract
“W2 candidates are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b or work with third-party candidates at this time.”
- The Immigration Consultant provides innovative Immigration solutions and clear advice as to the internal day-to-day contact for all US Immigration matters.
- Works independently as an immigration subject matter expert, advising recruiters, managers, and employees on US-based immigration requirements, processes, and timelines in consultation with outside counsel.
- Works closely across the organization to ensure compliance with immigration-related matters.
- Provides high-level immigration information and education to employees, HR, and managers.
- Leads immigration projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Customer Relations (40%):
- Provides high-level immigration information and education to Client Employees, Hiring Managers, Recruiters, and HRBPs based on current Immigration laws, and client policy culture.
- Advise and provide immigration guidance to recruiters and Hiring Managers on the hiring of new associates (i.e. H1 B change of Employer, PR policy, timeline, process, etc.).
- Partners with outside counsel on issues acting as the catalyst for solutions and ensuring resolution Correspond with employees and managers to keep apprised of progress.
- Response, timely, to all inquiries received via the Immigration mailbox (GMB) and takes necessary action.
- Manage escalations with diplomacy and tact while upholding compliance/client policy.
Case Work (25%):
- Maintains immigration cases in outside counsel’s online portal.
- Creates Employee e-file folder in the Immigration GMB and ensures all critical and relevant documentation is filed timely and appropriately.
- Communicates with employees on case status and case issues as required.
- Monitors the status of pending cases.
- Maintains follow up on outstanding issues and missing immigration information.
- Escalate significant issues to Manager, Global Mobility as appropriate.
- Facilitates the signing of all immigration documents by verifying employee Information and obtaining approval/signatures.
- Post, track, and follow up on LCA’s – online and on-site.
- Post notices for employees of Torrey View Court Location and facilitates the posting of other locations with the employee’s manager.
- Send reminders to the manager for removal after requisite time has been satisfied.
- Generate reports as requested.
- Maintain employee case e-file folder in the Immigration GMB.
- Ensures that all newly approved PERM cases do not commence until repayment.
- The agreement has been signed by the employee.
- Partners with outside counsel on monitoring renewals and expirations.
- Participate in the PERM resume screening, coach, and support managers regarding interviews.
- Prepares employee verification letters.
- Collaborates with managers, employees, legal and outside counsel and ER on mandatory LoAs
- Responsible for PAF file upkeep.
- Responsible for maintaining a petition file in case of an audit by USCIS.
- Tracks/monitors F1 EAD expirations/ensures that the employee is contacted for renewal.
- Responsible for I-9 re-verification for associates in non-immigrant status.
Other items, as assigned (15%):
- Special immigration projects.
- Good working knowledge of US-based Immigration law and procedures.
- Familiarity with global immigration laws and procedures.
- Strong customer focus.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills, experience interacting with business leaders to provide guidance.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office ( Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Word).
- 3-5 Years of solid immigration experience.
- Advanced degree preferred however additional years of experience in lieu of degree may suffice.
- Employee based immigration experience.
- Immigration law firm experience is helpful.
- Large volume immigration experience preferred.