- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are looking for Firmware Engineer for our client in Franklin Lakes, NJ
Job Title: Firmware Engineer
Job Location: Franklin Lakes, NJ
Job Type: Contract
“W2 candidates are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b or work with third-party candidates at this time.”
- The Senior Software Engineer, Firmware (contractor position) supports the Concept & Technology (CT) team.
- The C&T team is focused on identifying and developing new opportunities for our Medication Delivery Solutions (MDS) business.
- The team collaborates closely with the MDS Strategic Innovation Group.
- Key to this role is having significant experience as an embedded software engineer with IoT devices, wireless communication protocols/stacks (e.g. Bluetooth), sensor interfaces, battery management, and optimizing code to reduce memory requirements.
- Experience with bare-metal programming is highly desired.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Software Development or equivalent.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in embedded software development.
- Proven track-record of firmware development for prototypes incorporating sensors and wireless communication over Bluetooth.
- Demonstrated ability to use an oscilloscope and logic analyzer for troubleshooting.
- MS or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Software Development.
- Strong understanding of BLE concepts and protocols.
- Ability to deal with a high level of ambiguity.
- Experience with VisualC, C/C++, assembly, C#.
- Early-stage electro-mechanical prototypes.
- Embedded RTOS (threads, queues, semaphore, etc.), JTAG, embedded MCU with the radio module.
- Experience with IAR and Keil uVision development environment.
- Software versioning software (SVN, GIT, etc.).
- Low power/battery-operated design principles.
- Experience optimizing memory usage on embedded platforms.
- Experience developing BLE apps on Android a plus.
- Experience with analog sensors.
- Development of medical devices in compliance with IEC60601.
- Developed embedded software in commercially released products.
- Effective interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and influence multiple levels of associates.
- Understand communication busses and protocols including RS-232, I2C, SPI, CAN, etc.
- Expertise in generating product requirements, specifications, test protocols, and test reports.
- Experience contracting with, and managing, third party software consultants within and outside the US is considered positive.
Cynet SystemsWhy Work Here?
CYNET has been named "Best Places To Work". We are a world class organization serving world class clients.
visit our career site to see all open positions @ http://jobs.cynetsystems.com
AddressFranklin Lakes, NJ