We are looking for Field Service Engineer for our client in Ann Arbor, MI
Job Title: Field Service Engineer
Job Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Job Type: Contract
- This position assists staff with technical support of desktop computers, applications, and related technology.
- Support includes specification, installation, and testing of computer systems and peripherals within established standards and guidelines.
- Activities require interaction with application software and operating systems to diagnose and resolve unique, non-recurring problems.
Partner will provide:
- Mid-level analysis and technical support for customers and their networked computers and peripherals.
- Interface with multiple levels of end-users, management, VIPs, and local technical staff.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Accurately testing, identifying, repairing, resolving, and documenting end-user technical issues regarding /desktop support, printers, PDAs, BlackBerrys, and LAN cable drops
- A hands-on role where expected to provide 1st line IT support services to the business community ensuring that all requirements are met within agreed service targets
- To provide infrastructure administration functions
- Being prepared to work out of hours when required and to provide out of hours on-call support cover as required
- Troubleshooting and resolving software issues; re-imaging computers/hard drives Backing up and restoring settings and associated systems administration activities
- Taking ownership of issues through to resolution on all appropriate requests.
- Categorize and prioritize end-user support requests and service requests by utilizing a Customer ticketing system to track tickets and provide up-to-date status and information.
- Move equipment associated with escalated help desk incidents and service requests
- Performing asset inventory activities as needed.
- Trains and orients staff on the use of hardware and software.
- Recommends and/or performs upgrades on systems (Workstations and Printers) to ensure longevity.
- Works with procurement staff to purchase hardware and software.
- This position requires the ability to work in a project-based environment requiring flexibility and teamwork.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent skills in user IT infrastructure – Desktops, Laptops, Printers, Handhelds, Smartphone, etc
- Strong technical skills in Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems and business productivity applications, i.e. Office
- Administration experience of MS Active Directory users and groups, policies and management concepts
- Effective communication by Engineer.
- Ability to interact with customers so as to ensure that the service is polite, efficient and responsive
- A self-starter with the ability to work on their own initiative
- To work through issues analytically to a successful conclusion
- At least 2 - 3 years of experience in the field or in a related area required
- Prior experience on Desktops, Workstations, Notebooks, and Printers
- Collaboration experience including remote control of PCs and video conferencing knowledge
- Deliverables to include ensuring the proper levels of the run and maintain support and hands-on assistance for IT infrastructure projects /upgrades (workstations)
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Thorough understanding of Outlook's calendaring tool
- Understanding of Exchange functional accounts and how they are used within Microsoft technologies
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to provide consistent, excellent customer support to the entire staff, representing a variety of personalities and management levels
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Background security check required
- Experience of managing and leading a geographically and culturally diverse team