Desktop Support Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are looking for Desktop Support Engineer for our client in Greenfield, IN
Job Title: Desktop Support Engineer
Job Location: Greenfield, IN
Job Type: Contract
- Candidates Deliver transition program capabilities - knowledge transfer, process and procedure, service & projects take on, technology and infrastructure, contract and vendor management.
- Candidates Design and update run-books.
- Candidates Monitor progress to make sure client deliverables are delivered on time and reported to head of field services.
- Candidates Monitor stakeholder expectations and take corrective action to address gaps.
- Candidates Should be able to multitask and have the ability to handle multiple customers simultaneously.
- Candidates Hands on role where expected to provide 1st line IT support services to the business community ensuring that all requirements are met within agreed service targets.
- Candidates To provide infrastructure administration functions.
- Candidates Providing on-site cover as part of a shift arrangement.
- Candidates Being prepared to work out of hours when required and to provide out of hours on-call support cover as required.
- Candidates Backing up and restoring settings and associated systems administration activities.
- Candidates Oversee issues through to resolution on all appropriate requests
- Candidates Trains and orients staff on use of hardware/software/tools presented to the client as a part of overall delivery solution.
- Candidates Performs other duties as assigned.
- Candidates Knowledge of integrating ITSM solutions for automatic ticket creation and site services support.
- Candidates Strong technical skills in handling user IT infrastructure – Desktops, Laptops, Printers, Handhelds, Smartphone etc. and Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems and business productivity applications i.e. Office.
- Candidates Should have a good understanding of the tools and technology landscape, current trends and applicability in the outsourcing environment.
- Candidates Knowledge of troubleshooting and resolving software issues; reimaging computers/hard drives.
- Candidates Administration experience of MS Active Directory users & groups, policies and management concepts.
- Candidates Knowledge of categorizing and prioritizing end user support requests and service requests by utilizing a Customer ticketing system to track tickets and provide up-to-date status and information.
- Candidates Experience of Deskside Level 2 troubleshooting
- Candidates Preferred if have experience in leading teams of 4-8 deskside engineers.
- Candidates Ability to interact with customers to ensure that the service is efficient and responsive
- Candidates Provide SME support analytically to a successful conclusion.
- Candidates Ability to interact with cross functional teams of EUC to provide support on any due diligence required to perform the solutioning of the of field services/deskside support project architecture
- Candidates A self-starter with ability to work on their own initiative.
Qualification and Experience:
- Candidates Diploma or Engineering degree along with MSCE or CNE qualification
- Candidates PMP/ Prince2/ ITIL carries an edge.
- Candidates Minimum 5-10 years related field experience in End User support including VIP support.
- Candidates Installation and configuration – Desktop / laptop/ Printer/ Server/ Networks etc.
- Candidates Substantial experience Desktop, Workstations, Notebooks and Printers management.
- Candidates Certified Windows Administration.
- Candidates Supporting Windows core technologies.
- Candidates Collaboration experience including remote control of PCs and video conferencing knowledge.
- Candidates Deliverables to include ensuring the proper levels of run and maintain support.
- Candidates Strong Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word, and Excel).
- Candidates Thorough understanding of Outlook's calendaring tool.
- Candidates Understanding of Exchange functional accounts and how they are used within Microsoft technologies.
- Candidates Strong customer handling skills.
- Candidates Strong written and verbal communication skills (English language).
- Candidates Must be detail oriented and self-motivating.
- Candidates Experience of managing and leading a geographically and culturally diverse team.
- Candidates Background security check is mandatory.
- Candidates Maintain interdepartmental relationships to resolve client issues.
- Candidates Effectively communicate with extended service providers and IT infrastructure groups.
- Candidates Develop and maintain excellent communication and working relationship with both organization and customer delivery/management teams.
- Candidates Adaptability.
- Candidates Analysis.
- Candidates Customer Service Orientation.
- Candidates Functional Job Knowledge.
- Candidates Initiative.
- Candidates Judgment/Decisiveness.
- Candidates Managing Stress.
- Candidates Negotiation.
- Candidates Oral Communication.
- Candidates Persuasiveness/Influence.
- Candidates Planning and Organizing.
- Candidates Root Cause Analysis.
- Candidates Teamwork Orientation.
- Candidates Technical and Professional Competence.
- Candidates Work Standards.
- Candidates Technical and process support documentation.
- Candidates ITSM.
- Candidates ITIL.
- Candidates Pro active.
TechnologyView all jobs at Cynet Systems
Get fresh Desktop Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.