We are looking for Business Analyst - DLA Content Systems for our client in Miami, FL
Job Title: Business Analyst - DLA Content Systems
Job Location: Miami, FL
Job Type: Contract
“W2 candidates are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b or work with third-party candidates at this time”
- This position will provide business analysis and application support functions for the Global Technology Operations organization of the client.
- The Business Analyst will work with the client staff to define project and enhancement requirements across the portfolio of business software services supported by the IT function, assist with the successful resolution of business software application issues, support software quality assurance activities, and all facets of the software development lifecycle.
- The Business Analyst will work closely with business sponsors to define system needs.
- The incumbent will facilitate working meetings, manage projects, lead requirements gathering sessions, and write business and systems requirements documents that will form the basis of software specifications.
- The Business Analyst will be responsible for validating documentation aligns with the business requirements and that either internal or external application development resources properly meet the service delivery of those requirements.
- Also, the Business Analyst will assist in the design and delivery of business systems training programs and related course documentation.
- The Business Analyst will perform software testing in support of project and application support activities.
- The Analyst will design test plans and execute them, as well as assist with testing validation performed by the business.
- The Business Analyst will also act as a subject matter expert for the functions assigned to them, as a liaison to the business.
- The Business Analyst will be responsible for the daily monitoring and troubleshooting of data problems, documentation of issues for resolution, recommendations and/or escalation.
- The Business Analyst will also be responsible for the creation and dissemination of report specifications, and the development of SQL queries to extract and analyze data for reporting or the response to data requests.
- Must have working knowledge and experience with relational databases and the normal operations of a database system.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- 5-10 years of experience in the TV industry for a content programmer with experience working on
- content scheduling traffic solutions.
- 5–10 years of experience working with the Sintec IBMS solution – content focused
- Extensive knowledge of content business workflows, including contract rights management, content scheduling, promo secondary event scheduling, traffic log management, and playout.
- Expertise in requirements for business reporting that supports content planning, scheduling, and operations functions, including rights, schedule planners, inventory, and air patterns.
- Work closely with both internal and external customers, vendors, and other areas in a client in the development of Requirements.
- Interpret high-level business, compliance, and financial needs/requests for complex projects, with little or no background information or foundation.
- A self-starter that has the ability to lead requirements gathering sessions with the customer.
- Experience in the development of Requirements for enhancements, fixes, and system integration.
- Identify opportunities to improve or gain efficiencies within our system application (IBMS), resolve complex, non-routine problems and issues where no precedent has been established or exists.
- Identify trends/patterns; facilitate and/or conduct root cause analysis; recommend solution alternatives.
- Ability to identify and execute priority issues through the proper chain
- Analyze complex processes, interfaces, and supporting sub-system problems for modification.
- Participate in new process definition efforts, as requested.
- Document existing and new business processes and workflows with a high level of complexity.
- Data Mapping of complex tables, files, and records.
- Write business requirements for complex projects, including the definition, scope, objectives, and defining the approach.
- Ensure IT understanding of requested modifications of complex projects, and the accuracy of their technical specification documents.
- Define and document detailed, functional business requirements, including system scope and objectives for complex projects.
- Work closely with testing/development teams to determine testing requirements for complex projects involving cross-functional areas and sub-systems.
- Assist as needed in Designing and drafting test plans as well participate in testing for complex, medium to large-scale projects.
- Demonstrate detailed knowledge of project management principles.
- Handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Develop plans for project tasks, including scheduling and coordinating activities of other team members to produce deliverables.
- Monitors the progress of implementation schedules and redirects efforts when project goals are not being met.
- Have the ability to serve dual roles, Business Analyst and Project manager, on many projects.
- Requires the ability to adapt to a variety of project team roles, such as analyst, tester, documentation writer, or trainer.
- Coordinate production implementation efforts with the User community and IT.
- Communicate implementation timelines and tasks.
- Develop User Documentation and Training material.
- Provide client support as required.
- Ability to develop and execute simple SQL queries to produce ad hoc reports, analyze business data.
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science or related field preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- Five plus years of experience in project management, business and system analysis
- Demonstrate vast knowledge of business analysis and project management principles
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively meet and drive the requirements gathering process with our customers as well as perform analytical and system support duties.
- Ability to process complex time-sensitive data and information from multiple sources, make decisions, and communicate actions.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to prioritize and work independently or as part of a project team to complete multiple tasks concurrently.
- Willingness to accept varying levels of responsibility in support of projects and initiatives.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Data modeling skills.
- Required knowledge of Microsoft Project, Visio, and Microsoft Office tools.
- Some travel to conventions and/or other offices may be required.