Cybrary is a venture-backed start up in College Park, MD that provides a unique multi-sided platform empowering cybersecurity and IT professionals to develop themselves in their careers. With over 2.5 million users Cybrary is well-positioned to close the employment gap in these fields.
We are looking for a UX Designer to drive growth and user engagement through delightful user experiences. The UX Designer will collaborate with product, marketing, content, customer success, sales, and engineering teams to lead the culture of design within product, ensuring our products are visually remarkable. You will need to be hands-on, using market and product requirements while working directly with the product team and engineers to deliver solutions that solve real user problems. Additionally, as a key spokesperson for the product team, you must be comfortable engaging with customers, partners and internal teams in both small and large group settings.
What you will do
- Lead the culture of design at Cybrary, delivering a consistent experience across the platform that embodies our company culture and values
- Incorporate a bold, edgy, and clean visual aesthetic into all elements of the user experience
- Ensure a user-centered approach to design, application flow, and information architecture is applied
- Conduct usability tests, assist with user research, and create wireframes, prototypes and high fidelity assets
- Collaboratively distill complex data and user research into solutions based on real user problems
- Collaborate with frontend engineers to transform design concepts into intuitive, mobile responsive site interactions, user interfaces, and navigation
- Work closely with Product, Creative Services and Engineering to ensure a user-centered approach to design, application flow, and information architecture is core to our platform and product design
- Continuously improve the usability of the platform by incorporating usage and tracking data as well as direct feedback from users and customer-facing teams
- Balance user and business needs with exceptional communication and facilitation
Skills you bring
- 3+ years of user design or equivalent practical experience at a consumer-focused software company
- Dedication to exceptional user experiences with obsessive attention to detail
- Superb communication and collaboration skills
- Passion for extraordinary design
- Enthusiasm for working in a demanding, startup environment
Interested applicants should include a link to their portfolio.
Cybrary is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.