Senior Cloud Engineer
Cybertech Detroit, MI
- Expired: 25 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Fortune 500 client seeks a Senior Cloud Engineer to join their team initially in a remote contract role, expected to transition to onsite in Detroit, MI.
Why Work Here
- Recognized as a Gallup Great Workplace, receiving this award a remarkable four years in a row
- Recognized for excellence in recruiting veterans and hiring/training people with disabilities
- Works hard to maintain an open and inclusive culture among their 10,000 employees
- Supports education, employment, environmental leadership, neighborhood revitalization, arts, and culture
- Work with our engineering team to design and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions in accordance with company security guidelines
- Deploy and debug cloud applications as needed
- Employ exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they snowball into problems
- Lead and develop best practices for larger Cloud Engineer team
- Mentor and train teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering; Master’s degree a plus
- A minimum of 7 years on-hands solid experience in leading requirements gathering, design and develop Azure Private Cloud Infrastructure On-Prem. Lead design sessions with various organizational groups such as Security and Network Engineering
- Certification in Microsoft Azure a must
- Certification desired in AWS Solutions Architect, Cloud Security Certification, and/or OpenStack Administrator Certification a plus (Other cloud-related certification also a plus)
- Development knowledge with at least Scala or Java, knowledge of systems like ZooKeeper, Consul etc., familiarity with containerization technologies such as Docker and Pivotal Cloud Foundry Docker, OpenStack, and public cloud delivery know-how with AWS and/or Azure
- Knowledge of web services, API, REST and RPC
- Strong awareness of networking and internet protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP and distributed networks
- Database experience, including knowledge of SQL and NoSQL, and related data stores such as Postgres
- Pay range is up to $100K annually ($45 to $50 per hour, commensurate with experience)
- Optional participation in benefit plans (medical, dental, vision, disability, 401K)
- Contract opportunity with possible extension or direct hire
If your skills match the requirements for this exciting opportunity, please send us your resume.
Connect with us on social media at cyber-inc.com!
Matching people to great jobs with our clients since 1995. Let us help you find that next job! Connect with us on social media at cyber-inc.com!