Senior Graphics Programmer
CyberCoders Hawthorne, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $140,000 to $175,000 Yearly
Weve been in business for 50 yrs! In the last 5 yrs, we have developed a new vertical: VR! We are a small company that enjoys many of the perks of start-ups but the stability of an established company. Located near Hawthorne, this role is remote for now but intended to be onsite when it's safe.
- Define the next generation of mixed reality simulations
- Create new, unique experiences that solve real problems for real customers!
- Get the opportunities you'd only get in a startup BUT AT A STABLE, ESTABLISHED company
- Work alongside physical engineers, mathematicians, and our other developers to deliver unified software simulations, administrative software, and hardware systems.
- Develop software that interfaces with custom and off-the-shelf hardware devices to drive VR, AR, and simulation experiences.
- Work with 3D graphics libraries to create virtual worlds in simulations.
- Work with 2D graphics libraries such as Qt to create user interfaces for controllers, management software, and in-simulation HUDs
- Help us explore new market opportunities, including working with other developers and engineers to create prototypes, proofs of concept, and other preliminary builds for custom projects.
- Participate in evaluation of technologies and platforms, including selection of VR/AR hardware and software libraries.
- Work with 3D Artists to streamline our 3D model production processes and pipeline.
- 5+ yrs experience developing simulation, graphics, or VR/AR software
- C++, C#, Java, or Python.
- Experience working with 3D graphics libraries or engines (OpenGL, Unreal, Unity3D)
- Experience and understanding of a real-time graphics pipeline including concepts such as lighting, texturing, shadowing and shader development.
- Experience with or comfort with software development on Windows.
- Strong software architecture and debugging skills.
- Practical experience with performance tuning.
- Some experience building 2D GUIs.
- BSCS or Related Degree
- Prior experience interfacing with the tooling used by 3D artists such as 3DMAX and Maya, yielding an understanding of how best to work together.
- Hands-on experience delivering VR/AR technology with head/body tracking, HMDs.
- Interest or experience building video games.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
CyberCoders will consider for Employment in the City of Los Angeles qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance.