- Analyze reports and use personal and professional influence to create priorities that prevent delays to critical activities within the project.
- Work with subject matter experts to create, review and process shop drawings and other submittals that are required to document the construction process.
- Manage or support the change management process, by updating logs, routing source documents to vendors, obtaining pricing, developing estimates and proposals, writing change orders and other related activities.
- Negotiate and/or support the process of negotiating contracts, subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Proactively identify issues that could lead to problems and facilitate solutions.
- Assist in ensuring that all aspects of the project are compliant with all contract terms and legal requirements that govern the project and the community in which the project(s) takes place.
- Participate in managing activities that are related to project closeout to ensure timely completion.
- Assist with the evaluation of projects for constructability and value-engineer cost savings.
- Participate in life-long learning opportunities and professional development.
- Demonstrated experience managing self performed work activities and subcontracted work.
- Basic working knowledge of construction principles/processes required.
- Good analytical skills and the ability to effectively use a variety of estimating, scheduling and reporting software tools.
- The ability to effectively communicate with management, subcontractors, customers and peer group.
- Ability to travel to different job sites within the DC area.
- General knowledge of construction principles/processes required.
- A good understanding of construction means and methods.
- Solid understanding/proficiency with spreadsheets, email and other software used in the construction industry.
- Must be knowledgeable in scheduling, cost controls, and material management.
- Must be able to read and understand project owner specifications and engineering drawings.
- Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office. Familiarity with Sage Timberline is preferred.
- Ability to read plans is required.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Good attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
- Strong work ethic - Highly motivated and willing to do what it takes to get the job done right.
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- The ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment.
- Knowledge of construction safety and current federal & OSHA Requirements is preferred
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.