Based out of San Francisco, CA, we are a Luxury Apartment Community owner/builder who has been built on the financial strength and entrepreneurial spirit of our company, one of the nation's leading home-builders since the 1950's. Founded in 2011, our Multifamily division has quickly emerged as a leader in the development of luxury rental communities nationwide.
From high-rise buildings to garden-style communities to restoring historic locations, Our Construction is proud of its adaptive approach, its dedication to sustainability, and its commitment to building great neighborhoods for people to call home.
Our Development supports our company as we grow. Whether presenting new opportunities to explore, assessing the next community we're building, or planning for needed resources, our Development team builds collaborative bridges across the entire company.
The Project Superintendent's (PS) role is to manage day-to-day construction activities and supervise field personnel and subcontractors as required to successfully complete the project on schedule. The PS will be responsible for producing quality work that is consistent with the standards set forth in the project's contract plans and specification. Just as important, the PS is expected to administer good construction safety practices and continuously keep the site clean and orderly. The PS will report directly to the Project Manager.
- Project Superintendent
- Exempt position
- Worksite location at construction jobsite trailer, or main offices, depending on company needs
- Reports to Project Manager & executive team members (VP of Construction, VP of Operations, CEO, etc)
- Works closely with Project Superintendent, jobsite staff, main office staff, vendors, clients, and engineers
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES / TASKS (including but not limited to):
- Manage day-to-day activities to meet project milestones and ultimately meet or beat project completion date.
- Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction site
- Create short-interval look-ahead project schedules to ensure upcoming events are communicated, tracked and are being proactively attended to
- Manage and look ahead no less than 3 weeks to proactively identify issues that could lead to problems and facilitate a solution.
- Report all project delays to the Project Manager and propose solutions with minimum impact to the project schedule
- Maintain daily and weekly logs of construction progress
- Obtain and document all inspections and ensure quality of work prior to each inspection
- Maintain jobsite safety, health and cleanliness
- Verify all work is installed in a good workmanship level
- Daily inspection of construction site to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, and other applicable regulations.
- Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods
- Identify the elements of project design and construction likely to produce constructability issues and plan coordination problems prior to beginning construction of the project.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, subcontractors, and clients
- Ensure project documentation and reports are complete
- Attend all necessary jobsite meetings, whether onsite or offsite
- Manage the punch lists and close out of the project
- Review all submittals and RFI's to ensure timely and accurate responses and execution
- Handle complaints, settle disputes, and resolve grievances and conflicts as required
- Graduate from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in construction science, engineering, architecture, or other related field and/or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in multi-family, wood framing, structural concrete, construction projects
SKILLS AND SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good understanding of structural concrete, type V and III wood framed buildings, & MEP building systems.
- Advance knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods
- Thorough knowledge of legal issues and safety standards is essential.
- Ability to plan and organize a team effort.
- Good client management and goodwill building ability
- Capacity to motivate, lead and boost morale of the teams
- Competent in conflict and crisis management
- Effective time management and logical decision-making ability
- Ability to handle pressure
- Strong focus on quality
- Recent working knowledge and competence of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, Word, and MS Project
- Knowledge and experience in Prolog or similar Project Management Software is a plus
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
- Maintain company confidentiality
PHYSICAL AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have the physical ability to walk/stand for extended periods of time on an active jobsite throughout all phases of construction
- Must have the ability to judge distances and spatial relationships, distinguish color and lift up to 25 pounds
- Must have a valid driver license and adequate insurance to travel for the company
- Competitive base salary (DOE)
- Strong bonus structure
- Gas and Cell Allowance
- PTO & Sick Leave
- 401(k) retirement plan
- And more...
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.