Based out of San Francisco, CA, we are a Luxury Apartment Community owner/builder who has been built on the financial strength and entrepreneurial spirit of our company, one of the nation's leading home-builders since the 1950's. Founded in 2011, our Multifamily division has quickly emerged as a leader in the development of luxury rental communities nationwide.
From high-rise buildings to garden-style communities to restoring historic locations, Our Construction is proud of its adaptive approach, its dedication to sustainability, and its commitment to building great neighborhoods for people to call home.
Our Development supports our company as we grow. Whether presenting new opportunities to explore, assessing the next community we're building, or planning for needed resources, our Development team builds collaborative bridges across the entire company.
The Project Engineer's role is to assist the Project Manager, and other jobsite staff members, with project administration for multi-family, high density residential and/or mixed use projects. The Project Engineer is expected to help manage and maintain the smooth workflow of the jobsite trailer and the paperwork necessary to complete a successful project. Not only is the Project Engineer expected to be responsible for jobsite postings, safety documentation and project paperwork related to billings, but to also maintain close interaction and relationships with vendors, owners, and engineers, while complying with company policies and procedures.
- Project Engineer
- Exempt position
- Worksite location at construction jobsite trailer, or main offices, depending on company needs
- Reports to Project Manager for General Contractor
- Works closely with Project Manager, jobsite staff, main office staff, vendors, owners, and engineers
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES / TASKS (including but not limited to):
- Obtain, review and track all project bids
- Assist in contract and purchase order procurement
- Review and process Subcontractor and Owner change orders
- Review, prepare, submit and track RFIs, Submittals and other Architect/Owner supplemental information
- Manage all project files, including but not limited to plans, permits, inspections, safety, contracts, change orders, insurance, billing, supplemental information
- Memorialize and distribute all meeting minutes within 24hrs
- Develop professional letters and memos as requested by Project Manager
- Order office and jobsite supplies & equipment
- Answer and direct phone calls; Assist visitors
- Establish and maintain safety files, not limited to the following, Subcontractor's IIPP, Subcontractor's and Internal weekly safety meetings, incident reports and related paperwork
- Administer and control Subcontractor's insurance; Oversee OCIP/CCIP enrollment
PROJECT ACCOUNTING & FINANCE:
- Collect and submit all appropriate back up necessary for monthly Subcontractor billing, as needed by accounting staff
- Review and code all project invoices/expenses for Project Manager approval
- Track and report project costs and budget
PROJECT TEAM & PARTNERSHIP:
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with development partners, architects, consultants, engineers, subcontractors, other project specialists and team members to achieve mutual goals;
- Organize project-related tasks with key contributors to ensure adherence to project goal
PROJECT CLOSE OUT:
- Solicit and prepare project close out documents for Developer review and acceptance
- Maintain and disseminate punch lists
- File and store all project documents, furnishing etc.
- Cancel all project accounts
- Assist Superintendent and Assistant Superintendent as needed
- Graduate from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in construction science, engineering, architecture, or other related field and/or equivalent experience
- Construction experience a plus
SKILLS AND SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE:
- Knowledge of construction procedures and safety practices & compliance
- Recent working knowledge and competence of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, Word, and MS Project
- Knowledge and experience in Prolog or similar Project Management Software is a plus
- Ability to handle stress & pressure of deadlines
- Must be self-motivated, detail oriented and willing to work in a fast paced, yet dynamic environment
- Must know how to take on various duties in short time, and be able to take initiative when needed
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, time management, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Understands how to prioritize tasks and make decisions within established guidelines and policies
- Maintain company confidentiality
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
PHYSICAL AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have the physical ability to walk/stand for extended periods of time on an active jobsite throughout all phases of construction
- Must have the ability to judge distances and spatial relationships, distinguish color and lift up to 25 pounds
- Must have a valid driver license and adequate insurance to travel for the company
- Competitive base salary (DOE)
- Strong bonus structure
- Gas and Cell Allowance
- PTO & Sick Leave
- 401(k) retirement plan
- And more...
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.