Based out of Charleston, SC, we are a Luxury Apartment Community owner/builder who has been built on the financial strength and entrepreneurial spirit of our company, one of the nation's leading Multifamily builders. Our Multifamily division has quickly emerged as a leader in the development of luxury rental communities nationwide.
From high-rise buildings to garden-style communities to restoring historic locations, Our Construction is proud of its adaptive approach, its dedication to sustainability, and its commitment to building great neighborhoods for people to call home.
Our Development supports our company as we grow. Whether presenting new opportunities to explore, assessing the next community we're building, or planning for needed resources, our Development team builds collaborative bridges across the entire company.
- Provide leadership for all on-site personnel and to manage all aspects of the pre-construction and construction of each assigned project.
- Director of Construction is responsible for support and supervision of all on-site construction and land development, including budget, scheduling, quality assurance and safety on the job site and to ensure compliance with plans, specifications and relevant building codes.
- Directly supervise the activities of the Superintendent.
- Provide construction input to design professionals
- Pre-development input of construction techniques and cost.
- Provide oversight for value engineering for all pre-development projects.
- Establishment of all final construction documents, schedules, and budgets.
- Manage options list and provide coordination and accurate pricing of each.
- Assist estimating department with providing qualified trades for the bidding process.
- Coordinate with plans, specs, and bids to finalize subcontractor scopes.
- Manage compilation of GC provided GMP documents.
Course of Construction:
- Responsible for individual projects from start to finish.
- Oversee the preparation of weekly & monthly reports on project progress.
- Organize and run project meetings.
- Regularly update the project schedule with Project Manager.
- Manage subcontractor change orders.
- Review and approve entire subcontractor's and supplier's pay request.
- Analyze job costs and manage the project to the closing budget.
- Help Project Managers resolve issues on project level.
- Log and distribute new project documentation.
- Resolve subcontractor disputes
- Provide documentation and direct Contract Manager in compiling subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Oversee project setup.
- Provide assistance to Vice President in all legal matters related to assigned projects.
- Directly supervise the activities of the Project Manager, Contracts Manager, and Project Engineer.
- Oversight on a day to day of all on-site construction activities.
- Evaluate performance of project team members.
- Ensure project and subs are in compliance with company safety standards.
- Promote safety on assigned projects and evaluate subcontractor's work to monitor compliance with company safety standards.
- Completion and close-out of the project and the acceptance of each project by the Owner.
- Address the warranty issues and complete final documentation.
- Directly supervise the activities of the Project Manager.
- Assist Safety Director by representing the Company on OSHA inspections when necessary.
- Provide Safety Director with reports on projects when necessary.
- Support and oversee international construction. We are not self-performing outside of the US yet, so this person will be essentially acting as an Owner's rep and will be responsible for helping our global platform grow.
- No direct reports but will need to 'manage' and influence people internationally.
- Multifamily experience is required but we do not require international experience.
- Need someone that is process orientated - looking at systems, guidelines, lessons learned etc. We see this person coming from a project management, preconstruction, operations background, not from the field.
- Travel will be around 1 week/month to the likes of London, China, Australia, Mexico and Brazil.
- We will relocate.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience is required.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in construction with at least 5 years in multifamily construction is required.
- Knowledge of construction management theory and practice.
- Must have thorough knowledge of multifamily trades, ability to analyze construction documents, and ability to read blueprints.
- Knowledge of construction building codes and building methods.
- Knowledge of PC and of construction and business software, including scheduling, estimating, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to operate an automobile. Must have a valid state approved driver's license. Must be able to furnish a vehicle for use during the workday.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to take initiative, use good judgment, demonstrate a strong sense of urgency and follow-up and carry multiple projects through to completion.
- Proficient with construction related tools such as tape measure, construction level, calculator, and etc.
- Competitive base salary (DOE)
- Strong bonus structure
- Gas and Cell Allowance
- PTO & Sick Leave
- 401(k) retirement plan
- And more...
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.