If you are a Lead Game Designer with 6+ years of game industry experience, please read on!
The Lead Game Designer will be responsible for the creative vision of a mobile, free-to-play game, & is responsible for communicating that vision to studio leadership & the development team including other Game Designers, Producers, Artist, Engineers, Product Managers.
To successfully execute the role, the candidate must have experience leading a full development team for iOS & Android platforms, provide appropriate design documents, have deep experience in game design theory & a working understanding of Unity.
The candidate will work with a supporting Game Design team, driving all feature design work to align with the overall product vision. The candidate will also work closely with the Producer & Product Manager to plan key features, live operations, & content updates.
The candidate will regularly communicate with studio leadership, assist in product play testing, & work with other team members to review the full mobile product. In addition, the candidate must be able to take notes from multiple sources & be able to incorporate the feedback into revised game content & features.
- 100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base Plan
- Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More
- Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
- Yoga & Wellness Activities
- Happy Hours
- Company Events
- Daily coordination with Production, Art, Tech, Game Design, & other teams
- Define all game features & create relevant game design documentation.
- Ensure implementation of features are built according to design specs & creative quality.
- Decide on needed iterations through playtesting, usability, & live ops
- Partner with other designers to develop high quality content in line with the game's overall creative vision
- Design new game features & feature enhancements that drive user acquisition, increased retention, & monetization
- Lead supporting Game Designers & provide mentoring & growth
- Take concepts from one-pagers to complete game designs with the help of your team
- Participate in prototype efforts to prove-out early design concepts
- Present new game concepts, designs & stories to executive leadership & stakeholders
- Continually research market trends, & incorporate up-to-the-minute features & strategies
- 2+ years of experience designing mobile games as a Senior or Lead Designer
- 1+ years of experience designing F2P games
- At least one mobile game shipped as a Senior or Lead Designer
- Experience with Unity
- Bachelor's Degree
- Passion for video games a must!
- Drive to build a creative, world-class design culture
- Affinity for Disney/Pixar is a plus
- Prototyping experience is a plus
- Ability to communicate your designs and vision to colleagues from different professional backgrounds
- Thorough understanding of games' commercial appeal, and motivations to different player demographics
- Strong aptitude for free-to-play (F2P) games
- Takes accountability and ownership of projects from start to finish
- Problem solver, results oriented, self-motivated and disciplined
- Able to multi-task like a pro
- Ability to take direction
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
CyberCoders will consider for Employment in the City of Los Angeles qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance.