please fill out the form on cyberstreams.com/careers
An IT Systems Engineer is responsible for remote and on-site service and support needs for our managed services customers. This relates to all technology, including: workstations, servers, cloud services of all types, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software. Working with the help desk team and the lead engineer team to handle ad-hoc escalation requests, facilitate planned ongoing maintenance, and assist with improvements projects.
- Work for a growing Managed IT Services company in the Bellevue, WA area.
- Support the core network of midsize firms leveraging Microsoft Local and Cloud Server Applications.
- Be part of a company that allows you exposure to a variety of different challenging projects on a daily basis.
- Maintain control of your work life balance in a flexible environment that values and rewards success.
- Receive an extremely competitive benefits structure for your hard work and dedication to the role
- Opportunity for pay growth as your career develops.
- IT Support relating to issues with the internal systems and network infrastructure.
- Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, etc.
- Implement and support backup and disaster recovery solutions.
- Technical services and support at the network level, physical and virtual: WAN/LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Administration and support of cloud solutions for customers including Office 365, Azure, AWS, and other software as a service applications.
- Support remote access solutions: VPN, Terminal Services.
- Monitor help desk and remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications; ensuring appropriate response and communication with has taken place.
- Document maintenance for all computer systems and network infrastructure.
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes, or agreed outages.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Escalate service or project issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels.
- Business awareness: knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals.
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities.
- Responsible for entering time and expenses as they occur.
- Understand processes by completing assigned training materials.
- Enter all work as service or project tickets.
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 5 years minimum previous Network Administrator / IT Systems Engineer (IT Field Engineer) experience and relevant education.
- Efficiently managing Microsoft Windows OS server and endpoint, Microsoft Office Suite, MAC OS, and other business relevant software.
- Must have interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
- Highly effective verbal and written communicator.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
- Valid Washington State Driver’s License (or out of state equivalent, if you just moved here).
- Willing to submit to a detailed background check.
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
- Professional IT Certifications, such as: Microsoft general certifications, Cisco, CompTIA, ConnectWise CCPA, LabTech LTCP, Office 365, Microsoft Cloud, Amazon Web Services (AWS), or Azure.
- AA/AS, preferably in computer science or a related field.
- BS preferred but not required.
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Company-sponsored and Paid Training Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement for Qualified Education
- Paid Holidays
- Floating Holidays
- Paid Time Off
Only local candidates need apply.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. Other duties may be assigned as needed.