Senior Data Engineer
CyberGrants Andover, MA
- Posted: over a month ago
We are an ambitious, fast-growing software company located in Andover, MA, that offers its employees the opportunity to do incredible work in helping to connect the worlds givers to those who benefit from them the most, be a part of a company that is making an impact in the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) industry, and work at a place where you can make a genuine impact.
For 20 years, CyberGrants has been able to provide innovative software and services to hundreds of our clients, including over half of the Fortune 100. Our software has processed over $6.5 billion dollars in charitable donations to non-profits all over the globe and had more than 50 million volunteer hours managed on our platform.
- Nearly one-third of all corporate charitable giving is done through CyberGrants software
- We believe in helping our clients have an Agile Social Impact
This role is about using your data superpower for a noble cause. As a member of our growing Data and Analytics team, you will be a key member architecting and delivering a modern data platform that supports a growing set of philanthropic use cases. This means, you will be instrumental with making this successful and you will be able to put your fingerprints on it. This could be your crowning achievement in your career. The success of this platform will change the way Fortune 500 companies donate.
This will be a tight team, working closely together and making a massive impact for the business and our customers. This team will be pushing the limits in data analytics. Expect to start using machine learning within the platform in the next 18 months.
The ideal candidate has a passion for data and understanding its relevance to solving business problems.
- We offer a competitive salary, great benefits (Health Insurance starts on day 1), generous time off and a flexible working schedule.
- We also have unique perks like Waffle Wednesdays, Birthday celebrations with cake and an extra vacation day for your birthday, plus a culture thats collaborative and engaging
- Design, build, and maintain efficient and reliable data pipelines \ transformations from multiple data sources.
- Integrate data from structured and unstructured formats: flat files, XML and JSON
- Develop testing and monitoring across the transformation layer to ensure data quality from raw sources and all models downstream.
- Staying abreast of the new feature/functionality that is available in the software(s) that CyberGrants leverages and applying that to our platform where appropriate.
- Operationalization of data pipelines in a way that ensures that internal and external SLAs can be met.
- Provide accurate estimations for development activities that drive sprint planning and release cycles.
- Continuously contribute to improving and building out our analytics platform.
- Understand and improve requirements by working with other engineers, product management, field-facing staff, 3rd-parties and customers.
- Be a key contributor to the design, implementation, automation, and documentation for CyberGrants data architecture, data movement and analytics processes.
Why Should You Apply?
- Reason # 1 CyberGrants has a great mission
- Reason #2 The opportunity to make an impact is huge
- Reason #3 We offer competitive pay and generous benefits
- Reason #4 Our culture we have great people doing incredible things
- Deep understanding of different data integration patterns building efficient ETL\ELT pipelines
- Experience with developing and managing efficient APIs
- 7+ years in a Data Engineering or Data Warehousing role
- 7+ years experience with relational databases and complex SQL
- 5-7 years experience with data modeling
- 3+ years experience with Data Replication Tools (Attunity) or similar ETL tools
- 4+ years experience with Cloud Data Warehouses (AWS Redshift / Snowflake / Google Big Query)
- 4+ years working in an agile development framework
- Self-motivation and attention to detail
- Desire to grow and work within a high performing and close-knit team
- Strong communication skills to work within the team to define and estimate achievable estimates
- 2+ years experience with Embedded Analytics (Looker / Tableau)
- Experience using Qlik Replicate and Compose (Attunity) for data replication and DWH builds
- Experience creating and supporting commercial software in the cloud
- A rare opportunity to work in the philanthropy industry helping clients donate billions to nonprofits across the globe
- Work with smart and engaged co-workers
- Be a part of a culture that strives for innovation
- Flexible and casual work environment
- Comprehensive benefits package including health/vision/dental insurance, paid time off, 401K
- Unique perks like Waffle Wednesdays, Pajama Day, extra vacation day on your birthday, and more