Senior Platform Engineer
- Expired: December 17, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Cybercrime is big business - and not just for the criminals. Business costs related to cybercrime are estimated to go up about 15% per each year reaching about $10.5 trillion annually by 2025. At CyberGRX, we are in the trenches helping businesses and clients combat those threats.
We have transformed third-party cyber risk management for enterprises all over the world through our disruptive cloud-based exchange solution. We help companies achieve a detailed view of their third-party vendor ecosystem to help them quickly showcase, identify and mitigate security risks. We also work with our clients to provide cutting edge predictive analytics to provide insights into how they can better stop attacks from happening.
What does a Sr. Platform Engineer do at CyberGRX?
As a Platform Engineer, you will be a key owner in the design, build-out, and operations of our CI/CD system. You will understand how to architect a "five nines" system and consider yourself to be a designer and a builder as much as an administrator. We very rarely have operational "firefights" now, and your philosophy is that we should not have any in the future. You'll get to work with a small, highly motivated, and skilled team solving some of the biggest issues facing the world's most influential companies.
What a day in the life looks like:
- Maintain the design and construction of our Kubernetes Infrastructure
- Work collaboratively with Development, System Test, and Security teams to understand our full stack and ensure our architectural vision remains coordinated, well-understood, and built to last.
- Support full automation of CI and Testing.
- Enable DevOps by moving code from Dev/Test to Staging and Production.
- Troubleshoot issues along the CI/CD pipeline.
- Onboard, train, and support developers from source control through build automation, merge resolution, CI, test automation, deployment based on tools usage and policies, standards.
- Designing and implementing an automation framework for all aspects of the application lifecycle, including build, test, and deployment
- Performing operations tasks such as monitoring application performance over time or troubleshooting issues with production applications
- Monitoring network performance to ensure that the platform can handle increased traffic from new applications or services
- Designing, building, and maintaining the systems underlying our application platform
- Developing new technologies to support existing applications or creating new applications using new technologies
- Participating in meetings with stakeholders to discuss technical issues and propose solutions
- Reviewing code written by other engineers to ensure it meets standards for quality, security, and performance
- Collaborating with other members of the engineering team to design new features or improve existing ones
What you bring to the table:
- You have 5-8 years of demonstrable prior experience building and running 24/7, high-availability B2B SaaS platforms on AWS and Kubernetes.
- Experience integrating microservices with Kubernetes-first principles.
- Extensive experience designing and building CI/CD systems that conform to industry standards such as Infrastructure as Code, GitOps, and trunk-based development.
- Experience developing software for customers, whether external or internal.
- Our technology stack should be extremely familiar to you:
- We run Kubernetes clusters in multiple environments from development to staging to production.
- We use many typical AWS services in several VPCs across EKS, EC2, ASG, Lambda, S3 & EBS, RDS, R53, ELB, and on down the line.
- We use several database technologies across relational, NoSQL, and a graph database called Neo4J.
- We use typical monitoring and alerting tools, across Cloudwatch, Prometheus, Grafana, PagerDuty, etc.
- We currently use Terraform for infrastructure-as-code.
- We leverage ArgoCD with GitOps principles for Kubernetes cluster management.
- Our application stack is Linux-based, typical React front-end, Python backend.
- Most of the automation tooling on the DevOps team is based on Golang.
Why you want to work for CyberGRX:
- Competitive base salary (DOE) plus incentive compensation
- Full benefits package including:
- 100% Company paid medical/dental/vision for employees & generous company contribution for dependent health benefits
- 401(k) program + employer match up to 3% of base salary
- $100/month Wellness stipend
- Company equity
- Paid parental leave
- Life insurance
- Remote-friendly work environment
- Employee Assistance Program with mental healthcare coverage
- Employee referral program
- Open Time Off Policy
Annual Base Salary Range: $159,000-176,000
Annual Bonus Potential: 10% of base salary
With our headquarters based in Denver, Colorado and employees based globally - we strive to hire team members who want ownership, impact and growth. We invite you to learn more about us and would love you to consider joining our team. We encourage you to apply if this role excites you - even if you think you may not have the exact skillset. We believe in cultivating an environment where there is a diversity of perspectives, in hopes that we can all thrive in an inclusive environment.
CyberGRX does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
CyberGRX prioritizes the health and well-being of employees, and vaccines are the best tool currently available to help control this global pandemic and protect our employees. Therefore, for everyone's safety, as a condition of employment: all employees will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to the commencement of their employment (subject to the availability of reasonable accommodation when required by law). Some roles may be 100% remote and could be exempt from the vaccine mandate.
Our company headquarters are in Denver, Colorado and while we're always hiring talent here at the base of the Rocky Mountains - we're also open to remote candidates for certain roles! For any remote hires - we're hiring in the following states AL, AZ, CA, CT, FL, GA, IA, IL, KS, LA, MA, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, WA and WI.
Get fresh Big Data Platform Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.