- Responsibilities include interacting closely with clients to provide innovative tax planning, consulting, and compliance expertise; developing and managing staff.
- Working closely with partners and staff on client management, practice development and business development activities
- Formulating and delivering innovative tax planning and tax savings strategies.
- Oversee the efforts of multiple client services teams on client engagements; plan, execute, direct, and complete tax projects in a wide variety of industries; and market, sell, design, and implement innovative tax-planning strategies for clients; and manage to budget.
- Manage, develop, train, and mentor staff on tax projects and assess performance for engagement and year-end reviews.
- Deliver a full range of State and Local Tax services including tax return preparation and review, tax research, preparation of technical memorandums, drafting client correspondence, and counseling client in defending against state audits.
- Conduct primary and secondary review of complicated or complex State and Local tax returns.
- Oversee multi-disciplinary, multi-state reviews that analyze income, franchise, sales and use, payroll, and others to identify optimal filing options, exemptions, credits and incentives, and corporate structures that can reduce the client's tax burden.
- Consult, work with, and service client to make recommendations on business and process improvement and serve as a business adviser to client.
- Must have active CPA.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive State and Local Tax consulting and/or compliance experience in public accounting or a combination of corporate and public accounting experience.
- Broad exposure to State and Local Taxes including knowledge in State Income/Franchise Tax, Credits and Incentives, Sales and Use Tax, with Property Tax a plus; must be eager to work on a variety of SALT issues and not specialize in one particular area.
- Superior analytical, technical, and tax accounting/technology skills with proficiency in US GAAP, tax compliance, corporate consolidated returns, and combined state tax returns.
- Computer expertise including knowledge of tax software and technology.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.