Job Title: Sr. Photonic Design Automation Engineer - PDK
Job Location: Pasadena, CA - 100% REMOTE
Compensation: $120K - $180K+ base salary Depending on Experience
Our company's core technology platform was developed with a total focus on high volume manufacture of highly integrated optical/electronic devices. Our large waveguide photonics platform offers multiple benefits over conventional solutions. These benefits include higher density waveguide circuit design, better manufacturing tolerance, superior optical power handling, and a more efficient interface from the photonics IC to the physical domain.
Our company's technology simplifies the manufacturing, assembly, and test process while maximizing the power efficiency of the optical system.
Over half of our team holds advanced technical degrees (M.Sc and PhD) and it includes world recognized experts in photonics process development, photonics device design and modeling, high speed CMOS mixed signal circuits, optical circuit switching, optical sensing and measurement systems, and network systems architecture. Our business leaders have amassed a spectacular track record including in multiple photonics start-ups with impressive investor returns, in growing high volume optical manufacturing at scale, and in forging market-leading communications semiconductor product lines. Together, the team is driving a vision for pervasive silicon photonics across a broad range of high volume applications.
2) Comprehensive Benefits package including equity!
3) The chance to join a rapidly growing well funded late-stage Silicon Photonics start-up with huge upside potential!
- Develops and validates all collaterals in the Silicon Photonics PDK for the full design flow;
- Develops and maintains symbols, pcells, callbacks, technology files, etc;
- Interprets and accurately translates design rules and other documentation into PDK environment;
- Creates scripts that perform complex functions;
- Improves and enforces software development best practices;
- Applies formal release and version control best practices to PDKs;
- Works closely with process, design/device, modeling and layout engineers to deliver highest quality PDKs;
- Works with vendors of Silicon Photonic design and simulation as well as EDA tools to improve the state of the industry and meet company goals;
- Works with external customers to understand and meet deliverables.
- Competencies for Role: Positive Attitude, Efficient, Flexibility/Adaptability, Organized, Strong Communication Skills.
- Organizational Values: Customers, Results, Excellence, Innovation, Teamwork.
- Developing software in a collaborative environment
- Silicon Photonics Process Development Kit (PDK)
- Photonic Design Automation
- Scripting (C++, Perl, Tcl, Python, Java etc.)
- EDA/EPDA Tools such as Synopsys Custom Compiler, Cadence Virtuoso, OptoDesigner, OptSim Circuit, IC Validator; Mentor Calibre; and/or KLayout required
- Experience developing and maintaining Symbols, PCells, Callbacks, Technology Files etc.
- Familiarity with ClioSoft, GIT or other revision control systems and best practices
- Familiarity with issue tracking systems such as JIRA
- Familiarity or interest in Silicon Photonics is preferred
- Experience with Windows and Linux shell scripting is preferred
- Familiarity with RF or analog circuit design and verification is a plus
- Flexible work environment, flex hours and day - work 100% REMOTE even post-Covid!
- Our Equity offering is extremely competitive, we are looking for candidates who are interested in taking a vested interest in our success, and we are more than willing to share the rewards of that success with them!
- We offer a stimulating and innovative work environment
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
CyberCoders will consider for Employment in the City of Los Angeles qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance.