Job Title: Sr. Packaging Engineer - Silicon Photonics
Job Location: Pasadena, CA - Relocation assistance offered!
Compensation: $100K - $200K+ base DOE
- Creates packaging designs that provide optimum configurations of competing requirements: thermal, mechanical, electrical, and optical;
- Performs electrical, mechanical, thermal and optical measurements to quantify package performance;
- Collaborates with device designers and process engineers, as well as external suppliers and CM's, to provide designs and manufacturing processes optimized for cost, reliability and throughput;
- Collaborates with Customers and systems engineers to define package outline, interfaces and specifications;
- Defines component specifications and locate and develop suppliers;
- Proves the feasibility of the package design and the assembly process by designing experiments, and overseeing prototype builds and reliability and stress testing;
- Drives the design of electrical routing boards and electrical interconnects.
- Packaging Design, prototyping, and measurements of photonics packages
- Deep knowledge of material properties and how to apply to photonics packages
- Deep understanding of electronics and optics packaging design flows
- Deep knowledge of optical alignment and stability
- Working knowledge of package thermal and mechanical tools (Ansys IcePak, Solidworks)
- Successful design and transfer to manufacturing of photonics packages a plus
- Experience with flip chip design and processing a plus
- Experience with test automation a plus
- High Salaries ($100K - $200K+ DOE) and bonuses
- Flexible work environment, flex hours and day
- Our Equity offering is extremely competitive, we are looking for candidates who are interested in taking a vested interest in our success, and we are more than willing to share the rewards of that success with them!
- We offer a stimulating and innovative work environment
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
CyberCoders will consider for Employment in the City of Los Angeles qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance.