Senior Systems Engineer - Sensors / Government / Aerospace
CyberCoders Herndon, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $75,000 to $180,000 Yearly
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance (100% covered)
- 401k (6% match)
- PTO = 20 days
- Bonus potential
- Opportunity to work on challenging projects with a bright/passionate team!
- Space systems, remote sensing ground systems, and/or other complex integrated systems
- Secret or TS Government Clearance
- Hands-on expertise leading troubleshooting and resolution of system-level issues
- Hands-on experience with MBSE modeling applications (MagicDraw/Cameo, Sparx, Rhapsody, etc.)
- Advanced proficiency with Excel, including complex formulas, mathematical modeling, and VBA macro creation
- Experience with various computing concepts, components, platforms, networking, processing algorithms, etc.
- Experience with space environments and testing regimes (vibe, shock, radiation, thermal, EMI, corrosion, etc.)
- INCOSE ASEP, CSEP, or ESEP certified
- Experience using MATLAB or Satellite Toolkit
- Hands-on expertise with passive or active optical systems
- Experience with space electro-optical systems, algorithms and performance assessment, pointing, radiometric calibration, or atmospheric correction
- Experience in astronomy, physics, or remote-sensing
- Create and manage project technical documentation such as ICDs, CONOPS, compliance matrices, technical plans/reports, and MBSE System Models
- Assist team(s) of engineers in defining and managing system specifications, requirements derivation, subsystem allocation, and verification methodology (RVTM/RVCM)
- System verification planning, definition, and oversight/execution in coordination with HW and SW staff
- Effectively contribute during all phases of the payload lifecycle, including test planning assistance and execution for sensor characterization, system-level performance verification, and environmental testing
- Use investigative and trouble-shooting skills to assess issues and develop resolutions in the lab and in the field
- Lead team(s) of engineers in planning and executing test events and resolving issues encountered, both operational and technical, via standard NCR/FRB/PMPCB processes
- Work proactively and interactively with team members to complete tasks with little direction
- Communicate effectively with project management, customers, and team members across disciplines
- Contribute to program and customer meetings and reviews via Power Point slide creation and presentation
- Attend technical interchange meetings with customers, team members, and other project personnel, and represent the organization in matters pertaining to project development
- Provide document review and resolve technical systems engineering and integration issues
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
TechnologyView all jobs at CyberCoders