Senior System Administrator
CyberCoders Chattanooga, TN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Senior Systems Administrator
Location: Chattanooga TN
Salary: $75-100K based on experience
Requirements: Bachelors Degree Computer Science, Engineering, IT and 8+ years of experience working with the design,
implementation, and maintenance of the server, SAN, LAN and WAN and telecom infrastructure.
This would be an amazing opportunity for you if you are looking for a collaborative company culture!
Additional ways in which a candidate may stand out would be:
- Masters Degree not required but preferred
- Certification in Microsoft, Cisco and/or Juniper
- Monitors and maintains server and application level backups and backup infrastructure.
- Provide support and maintenance to a large, enterprise-wide Microsoft, Juniper, and Cisco infrastructure.
- Optimize network server operations by diagnosing and resolving hardware and software issues related to: DHCP, DNS, Exchange, Active Directory, File
Shares, SQL, SharePoint and Microsoft Technologies.
- Implements security controls where appropriate.
- Helps maintain network and security related documentation.
- Communicate with staff or clients to understand specific system requirements.
- Provide advice on project costs, design concepts, or design changes.
- Document design specifications, installation instructions, and other system-related information.
- Verify stability, interoperability, portability, security, or scalability of system architecture.
- Provide technical guidance or support for the development or troubleshooting of systems.
- Provide guidelines for implementing secure systems to business partners within IT.
- Monitor system operation to detect potential problems.
Required: Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology
Master's degree is preferred
- 6-8 years of experience working with servers, SAN and server software.
- Experience working with local area network systems and technical infrastructure communication issues.
- Solid technical knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and the Office suite (including O365).
- Experience working with Active Directory (including Azure AD).
- TCP/IP Connectivity Troubleshooting.
- Demonstrated ability to perform Backup and Recovery Planning.
- Ability to work with and administer Firewall, Content Filter, and Intrusion Prevention System configurations.
- Ability to analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution to solve problems.
- Ability to identify information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or similarities, and detecting changes in circumstances or events.
- Demonstrated problem solving, judgment and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven ability to think critically, and effectively resolve problems or issues by using judgment that is objective and consistent.
- Ability to handle information of sensitive and confidential nature in the utmost professional manner.
- Ability to identify the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information and/or data into separate parts.
- Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.