As a Sr. SRE on our team, you will work at the heart of engineering directly contributing to the innovative products and scalable platform we build and operate. You are a software engineer with a passion for availability, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, and capacity planning for your team's services. We are looking for an experienced engineering professional who thrives on driving innovation & best practice within a fast-paced, highly-dynamic culture. You should be a strong multi-tasker and a collaborative thought leader. The ideal candidate has a strong passion for technology, stability, and transforming platforms. This position is based in Washington state close to either our Seattle or Bellingham office..
- Comprehensive health, vision and dental insurance
- Matching 401(k) contributions
- Paid holidays and unlimited paid time off
- A diverse and exciting workplace with a fantastic culture
- We are well-funded, rapidly growing, and looking to expand our team even in this environment!
- Drive for standards across teams
- Lead and mentor engineers on engineering and site reliability best practices
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning, and deployment reviews.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health.
- Container and cluster design, configuration, and management using Docker and EKS
- Hands-on development of Infrastructure as a Service for AWS resource delivery and operations for microservices
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation; evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- Participate as a peer member in the SRE kanban and/or the assigned scrum teams.
- 5+ Experience programming in at least one of the following languages: Python, C/C++, Java, Go.
- 5+ years experience with the AWS operating environment and core services such as RDS MySQL, Aurora, Redshift, EKS, etc
- Demonstrable success as a technical leader in a team environment.
- Hands-on experience with Unix/Linux,, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, and Gitlab
- Experience with algorithms and data structures.
- Expertise in designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills and a sense of drive.
- Knowledge of PHP a plus
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.