We are currently looking to fill a full-time Senior Mortgage Underwriter position. This position will perform underwriting analysis on complex and government residential loans ensuring compliance with all lending regulations utilizing Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA and VA guidelines. This includes loan decisions including approvals, counter-offers, and loan denials within current process and procedures.
- Preview all files being underwritten by outside brokers or correspondence to ensure due diligence
- Keep up to date on policy changes and communicates policy changes to appropriate personnel
- Ensure that the client seeking a loan has the financial abilities to repay it. This is done by obtaining all the necessary documentation, verifying that the individual meets the required guidelines and evaluates the risks associated with servicing the person
- Evaluate the risks associated with servicing the client and determines the individual's debt to income ratio. This is calculated by looking at the amount of incoming coming in every month versus the amount of debt going out
- Evaluate and verifies mortgage applications and determines whether to accept or reject
- Upon completion of the analysis of a client's financial status, they draft document stating the requirement of the loans and other useful information
- Handle title review and documentation preparation
- Communicate with Operation Managers, Mortgage Banker, processors and closers to ensure all parties are notified of issues and progressions on the underwriting of the mortgage file
5 years of experience in mortgage underwriting or related experience.
- Direct Endorsement Certified Underwriter preferred.
- Complete knowledge and understanding of all State and Federal compliance lending regulations.
- Strong problem solving and analytical ability.
- Organized and able to work independently, setting priorities, and meeting deadlines.
- Possess effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer experience required, Microsoft Office, Desktop Underwriter, and related experience in Mortgage Lending Software.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
- Full benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401 (K) with generous company match
- Vacation, sick, and paid holidays
- Life Insurance coverage
1. Apply directly to this job opening here!
2. E-mail directly for more information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.