We believe The Database Architect at is a driving influencer and expert of the very core of our software services; the databases.
To date, we have done pretty well on our own, but now need a specialist who can immediately bring their years of experience and expertise to take our databases and system architecture to the next level.
In this role, you might not be the one executing every idea, or deciding where all of the pieces falls.
Instead, youll act as the data champion, guiding and thinking through our biggest data challenges.
2. We are still young and growing like a weed which means we are agile, real, all contributors with little bureaucracy.
3. Work/Life Balance is a priority for us
4. We work hard and play hard and do it all keeping in mind that we have lives outside of work.
6. We are working on some pretty cutting-edge stuff.
7. Great People
8. We don't have egos nor do we want to hire anyone with an ego so leave your ego at the door!
9. Great Benefits
10. We believe employees that are taken care of give us their best.
11. We have grown organically and know how to build a long lasting and sustainable business.
12. We believe in being active members of the community.
- Oversee data migrations from legacy systems to new data structures and solutions
- Defining systems and processes for future DBAs and be responsible for basic documentation (e.g. data flows, physical database design)Performance tuning and advising/consulting with software engineers and web developers
- Designing HA/DR solutions to ensure systems are always available
- Working with software engineers and web developers on database, table and index design
- Creating security processes and controls to limit access to the data
- Ensuring the company is doing the best it can to ensure Data Privacy for customers
- 3+ years of Postgresql knowledge and experience
- 3+ years working in an AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Environment
- 3+ years working with Linux/Unix environments
- You are well versed in scripting languages like python or bash
- Problem-solving is second nature to you
- You have knowledge and experience working with SaaS and other Cloud Service Provider (CSP) architectures
- Experience with standard network topologies/technologies including subnetting, VPN, VPC, Transit Gateways, Load Balancers, Security Groups/ACLs
- Your knowledge of database structure systems and data mining is second to none
Having this would set you apart:
- You clearly understand and have experience working with Agile Development and SCRUM
- You find working with Container Technology like Docker both relaxing and enjoyable
- WebDev frameworks like PHP (specifically CakePHP) or Elm/Haskell are not only familiar but enjoyed
- Programming languages like Java and/or C++ do not intimidate you
- You believe the world should all be using Identity and Access Management (IAM) concepts and systems
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.