We are looking for a Principal Reliability Engineer who is looking to work for one of the leading medical device companies in the world. This position will be utilizing wide ranging experience, coordinates reliability strategies, performs reliability analysis; develops, designs, and executes reliability test solutions for a medical device manufacturer.
- The position must have the expertise appropriate to create or review reliability related procedures and policies. Assists in department goals of creating systems and processes for reliability assurance. Assists in maintenance of reliability assurance policies and procedures to assure that the reliability processes are well defined.
- Reviews and approves reliability planning and testing to be executed by third-party development teams.
- Provides guidance and expertise to global new product development teams to help with identification of relevant standards and associated testing requirements.
- Manages the reliability lab, technicians, and associated equipment.
- Acts as technical expert to Design Assurance (DA) staff and project teams.
- Serves as technical reviewer for projects, Performs preliminary and critical design reviews, as appropriate. Reports issues related to project technical performance.
- Develops effective cross-functional relationships with colleagues at other design sites, particularly the Reliability Engineering centers in Schweinfurt and Bad Homburg.
- Designs and supervises reliability testing of components, subassemblies, and systems to support new product development.
- Reviews and assists with necessary Product Reliability Plans, test protocols, and reports necessary to ensure that new and legacy products are safe and effective over their defined lifecycles.
- Reviews and approves design documents that are then submitted to the Regulatory Department and the FDA.
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert regarding reliability-related topics and international standards affecting products.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel (Team Lead). Networks with key contacts outside of area of expertise.
- Provides assistance to other staff with complex tasks that require considerable judgment and initiative.
- Mentors other staff as applicable.
- Reviews and complies with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Assists with various projects as assigned by a direct supervisor.
-8+ Years of related experience
- Medical Device experience
- Reliability Prediction Analysis
- Design & Process FMEA's
- Calculated & measured MTBF
- Design of experiments
- Basic component testing
- Weibull distributions
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.