Release Train Engineer/Scrum Master
CyberCoders Dallas, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Release Train Engineer (RTE) has the primary purpose of supporting and coaching an Agile Release Train (ART) by steering it to success and navigating the complexity of delivering software in cross-functional environments. The RTE helps resolve and escalate impediments, manages risk, helps assure value delivery, and drives program-level continuous improvement.
The RTE is accountable for the overall planning, coordination, execution, and delivery of value/Scrum Master through the program. Through their partnership with clients (internal and external), the RTES Project Manager communicates objectives and milestone dates with the IT team to determine resource allocation and coordinates the delivery of development and production releases to meet quality assurance standards.
- Facilitate the coordinated preparation and execution of release planning for the ART This includes:
- Working with the ART team who prioritizes the features to be considered in the next program increment (PI) planning cycle
- Facilitating the ART teams refinement of features to be considered in the next PI planning cycle to meet the Feature Definition of Ready
- Assists the ART in communication and coordination with stakeholders and customers during feature definition and delivery
- Apply quality project management expertise to manage multiple, concurrent IT-related projects
- Continue to move the department to a lean and agile governance process that maintains control and compliance but improves project team effectiveness and improves decision making
- Drive all activities in the entire project life-cycle for all IT projects
- Collaborate with internal departments to meet external client needs
- Perform analysis of the projects to determine the requirements while partnering with business sponsors to ensure all parties have a mutual understanding of the project scope
- Continuously monitor the project life-cycle and provide input to the business sponsors on trends and recommendations for future IT projects
- Proactively assess business needs, propose systems ideas and lead approved systems projects defining detailed requirements to deliver solutions
- Study business functions, gather information, collect, and evaluate requirements to then prepare technical reports and presentations to summarize business objectives, business case analysis, IT capability, and financial considerations
- Work with Business Analysts to create, analyze, and validate detailed functional specifications and translate specs into agile user stores
- Define elements of design, data migration rules, business rules, and other deliverables
- Actively communicate with all departments involved in the IT project
- Manage, lead and mentor the IT team
- Proactively offer technology solution ideas aligned with the business strategy
- Ensure all existing business systems and solutions are adequately supported; when problems arise, own the problem, and see it through to satisfactory resolution.
- When warranted, perform root cause analysis and pursue preventive measures
- Stay abreast of business strategy and proactively offer technology solution ideas in support of the business strategy
- Anticipate IT industry future directions and relate them to current and future business needs
- Ensure proper documentation of requirements and projects completed by the IT team
- Other duties as assigned
4-8 years progressive work-related experience with demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines/technologies/processes related to the position as well as 3-5 years managing teams and/or significant complex projects.
- Proven, prior experience as Release Train Engineer
- SAFe Release Train Engineer Certification
- SAFe Scrum Master Certification
- SAFe Practitioner Certification
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills required
- Proven experience capturing requirements, writing documentation, and directly managing software development
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in Project Management methodologies, processes, and tools required: o Waterfall and Agile (and a hybrid construction of the two)
- Prior management, supervisory or team lead experience required
- Strong analytical and organizational skills required
- Strong oral and written communication skills required
- Outstanding track record of successful delivery required
- Knowledge of the following preferred; APIs, .Net Stack, SSIs, JIRA, Workfront
- Prior experience working with offshore teams is a plus
- Prior experience with mobile app development projects is a plus
- Full benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401 (K) with generous company match
- Vacation, sick, and paid holidays
- Life Insurance coverage
1. Apply directly to this job opening here!
2. E-mail directly for more information to email@example.com
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
TechnologyView all jobs at CyberCoders