Project Engineer - Multi-Family & Commercial Construction Project Engineer - Multi-Family & Commercial Construction - Skills Required - Project Engineer, Commercial Construction, Multi-family Construction
If you are a Project Engineer with experience, please read on!
We are an established, growing GC in Seattle and looking to add a motivated and energetic Project Engineer for our office in Seattle. To find ultimate success in this role, you must be purpose driven, have a charismatic personality, have a construction background, quickly read people, highly organized and outstanding at follow through. Experience and knowledge play a key role, but this role is largely intuitive. We understand that willingness to learn, adapt and grow can sometimes substitute for experience. We are willing to train the right applicant. We are a team, working within our team approach is paramount for individual and company success. Please attach your resume and cover letter when responding. We are looking forward to learning more about you.
What You Will Be Doing
- Establish, organize and maintain project files including drawings, changes, specifications, as-builts and close out documents
- Support of the bidding process including developing a list of qualified subcontract bidders and vendors, tracking the status of subcontractor compliance
- Receive and analyze subcontractor bids as they relate to drawings, specifications and scope of work
- Initiate and implement submittal matrix, review and process submittals, shop drawings and RFI's
- Follow up with architect and subcontractors to expedite approvals.
- Verify, price and assist in preparing change order documentation
- Take accurate meeting notes to create quality meeting minutes
- Assist the Superintendent with punch list, determine responsible subcontractor for each item and follow up with subcontractors to ensure timely completion.
- Project completion closeout documentation, compiling as-built drawings, warrantee letters, O&M manuals, and other documents to complete the closeout package
- Obtain permits and follow up with regulatory agencies
- Enter job costs and maintain project directory
- Document construction activity by taking weekly pictures and creating observations for progress reports
- Assist Superintendent in procurement of construction materials
- Assist and support project team as needed
- Understanding of the construction industry and the role of a General Contractor
- Proficient in construction management software, ProCore, Microsoft Project and Excel
- Ability to read and understand budget and financial information
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
- Self-motivated and ability to prioritize and manage time well
- Attention to detail and strong follow-up, neat and accurate organization
- Demonstrates commitment to a safe working environment.
- Maintains a cooperative attitude, patience and politeness through pressure situations.
- High School diploma or GED, college education recommended
- Education background in materials and methods of construction
- Entry-level to 2 years of industry experience
- Valid driver's license with safe driving record
- Reliable transportation and auto insurance
- Base Salary $60,000 - $80,000 (DOE)
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work - In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Project Engineer - Multi-Family & Commercial Construction