Project Engineer - Ground-up/commercial Project Engineer - Ground-up/commercial - Skills Required - Ground-Up, Change Orders, Submittals, Commercial, Multifamily
ed out of San Jose, CA, we are a local General Contractor who specializes in providing comprehensive construction services for new shell buildings, steel-frame structures, tenant improvements, state-of-the-art renovations, historical renovations and a range of rehabilitation projects. Our portfolio includes approximately 300 million square feet of buildings ranging from 5,000 square foot retail buildings to 500,000 square foot concrete tilt-ups. Our diverse experience also includes multi-residential projects, schools, non-profits, churches and other places of worship.
We have deep experience in the construction issues that drive Bay Area development. We are well versed in multi-tenant industrial interiors, office, R&D, medical, and life science projects, including class 10 clean rooms, data centers, explosion rooms, OSHPD, SCIF shielded areas and dry rooms. And we have embraced emerging sustainable construction trends that are promoting a greener, healthier Bay Area.
Top Reasons to Work with Us
Seeking to add a Project Engineer to a growing and enthusiastic team of construction professionals! RCC specializes in the construction of Class A office, medical, and dental buildings, retail and multi-residential developments and tenant improvements. We provide general contracting and construction services, site assessment, infrastructure and utility construction, architecture and engineering, permit services, and interior design.
What You Will Be Doing
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES / TASKS (including but not limited to):
- Obtain, review and track all project bids
- Assist in contract and purchase order procurement
- Review and process Subcontractor and Owner change orders
- Review, prepare, submit and track RFIs, Submittals and other Architect/Owner supplemental information
- Manage all project files, including but not limited to plans, permits, inspections, safety, contracts, change orders, insurance, billing, supplemental information
- Memorialize and distribute all meeting minutes within 24hrs
- Develop professional letters and memos as requested by Project Manager
- Order office and jobsite supplies & equipment
- Answer and direct phone calls; Assist visitors
- Establish and maintain safety files, not limited to the following, Subcontractor's IIPP, Subcontractor's and Internal weekly safety meetings, incident reports and related paperwork
- Administer and control Subcontractor's insurance; Oversee OCIP/CCIP enrollment
- Collect and submit all appropriate back up necessary for monthly Subcontractor billing, as needed by accounting staff
- Review and code all project invoices/expenses for Project Manager approval
- Track and report project costs and budget
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with development partners, architects, consultants, engineers, subcontractors, other project specialists and team members to achieve mutual goals;
- Organize project-related tasks with key contributors to ensure adherence to project goal
- Solicit and prepare project close out documents for Developer review and acceptance
- Maintain and disseminate punch lists
- File and store all project documents, furnishing etc.
- Cancel all project accounts
- Assist Superintendent and Assistant Superintendent as needed
SKILLS AND SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge of construction procedures and safety practices & compliance
- Recent working knowledge and competence of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, Word, and MS Project
- Knowledge and experience in Prolog or similar Project Management Software is a plus
- Ability to handle stress & pressure of deadlines
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented and willing to work in a fast-paced, yet dynamic environment
- Must know how to take on various duties in short time, and be able to take initiative when needed
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, time management, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Understands how to prioritize tasks and make decisions within established guidelines and policies
- Maintain company confidentiality
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
We are willing to offer excellent compensation projects including:
- Competitive base salary (DOE)
- Strong bonus structure
- Gas and Cell Allowance
- PTO & Sick Leave
- 401(k) retirement plan
- And more...
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work - In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Project Engineer - Ground-up/commercial