Project Engineer (Tenant Improvement-focused General Contractor)
CyberCoders Mountain View, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $80,000 to $110,000 Yearly
- Support Project Manager, or other management roles in the construction process throughout all phases of the life-cycle of a project, including estimating, scheduling, subcontracting, construction administration and closeout of small tenant improvement projects.
- Review project plans, requirements, and specifications; review contract conditions to ensure compliance with all contract terms.
- Interpret project drawings and identify scope of work for competitively bid projects. Assemble list of qualified subcontractors and prepare invitation to bid document for each trade; assist in competitive bid process.
- Perform estimates of smaller projects and assist project manager on larger construction projects to establish project budgets and contract price.
- Create, update and maintain a variety of project controls that track the status of individual projects or change orders, RFIs, shop drawings and submittals, matters involving quality control, safety, job costing, close-out and other aspects of the project or work agreements.
- Support the change management process; update logs, routing source documents to vendors, obtain pricing, develop estimates and proposals, write change orders.
- Establish, monitor, communicate and maintain project schedules utilizing scheduling software; assist project manager in managing plan take-offs of materials, labor and subcontract work.
- Support project manager in negotiating contracts, subcontracts and purchase orders; assist with the evaluation of projects for constructability and value-engineer cost savings.
- Assist with budget tracking, job cost review and reporting; prepare and code invoices to clients and assist in the collection of receivables.
- Assemble, organize and maintain all documents needed for project commissioning and closeout activities, and manage final activities related to project closeout.
- Conduct job walks to proactively identify issues that could lead to problems and facilitate solutions; provide assistance in initiating and completing building permit process.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- 1+ Years of General Contractor experience with related project experience in commercial construction (with related project experience in biotech, lab, and advanced technology construction)
- Ability to read and understand plans and specifications
- Basic estimating and scheduling skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project, Building Connect, or other project management and scheduling software. Procore certification with experience in this platform is a plus
- Performance-based Annual Bonus
- 3 Weeks PTO
- Employee's Choice of Company-Provided Vehicle or Car Allowance & Gas Card
- 401k (with match!)
- Company-provided benefits (partially subsidized)
- 529 College Saving Plan!
- Company-provided Financial Advisor
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
AddressMountain View, CA
ConstructionView all jobs at CyberCoders