Multifamily Director of Construction - High-Density Wrap Jobs Multifamily Director of Construction - High-Density Wrap Jobs - Skills Required - Lead Project Manager on Ground-Up Multifamily, Type-III Wood Framing Experience, Type-V Wood Framing Experience, High-Density Ground-up Experience, Type-1A Podium/Wrap Style Builds
Based out of Oakland, CA, we are a Luxury Apartment Community owner/builder who has been built on the financial strength and entrepreneurial spirit of our company, one of the nation's leading home-builders since the 1950's. Founded in 2011, our Multifamily division has quickly emerged as a leader in the development of luxury rental communities nationwide.
From high-rise buildings to garden-style communities to restoring historic locations, Our Construction is proud of its adaptive approach, its dedication to sustainability, and its commitment to building great neighborhoods for people to call home.
Our Development supports our company as we grow. Whether presenting new opportunities to explore, assessing the next community we're building, or planning for needed resources, our Development team builds collaborative bridges across the entire company.
What You Will Be Doing
- Provide leadership for all on-site personnel and to manage all aspects of the pre-construction and construction of each assigned project.
- Director of Construction is responsible for support and supervision of all on-site construction and land development, including budget, scheduling, quality assurance and safety on the job site and to ensure compliance with plans, specifications and relevant building codes.
- Directly supervise the activities of the Superintendent.
- Provide construction input to design professionals
- Pre-development input of construction techniques and cost.
- Provide oversight for value engineering for all pre-development projects.
- Establishment of all final construction documents, schedules, and budgets.
- Manage options list and provide coordination and accurate pricing of each.
- Assist estimating department with providing qualified trades for the bidding process.
- Coordinate with plans, specs, and bids to finalize subcontractor scopes.
- Manage compilation of GC provided GMP documents.
- Responsible for individual projects from start to finish.
- Oversee the preparation of weekly & monthly reports on project progress.
- Organize and run project meetings.
- Regularly update the project schedule with Project Manager.
- Manage subcontractor change orders.
- Review and approve entire subcontractor's and supplier's pay request.
- Analyze job costs and manage the project to the closing budget.
- Help Project Managers resolve issues on project level.
- Log and distribute new project documentation.
- Resolve subcontractor disputes
- Provide documentation and direct Contract Manager in compiling subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Oversee project setup.
- Provide assistance to Vice President in all legal matters related to assigned projects.
- Directly supervise the activities of the Project Manager, Contracts Manager, and Project Engineer.
- Oversight on a day to day of all on-site construction activities.
- Evaluate performance of project team members.
- Ensure project and subs are in compliance with company safety standards.
- Promote safety on assigned projects and evaluate subcontractor's work to monitor compliance with company safety standards.
- Completion and close-out of the project and the acceptance of each project by the Owner.
- Address the warranty issues and complete final documentation.
- Directly supervise the activities of the Project Manager.
- Assist Safety Director by representing the Company on OSHA inspections when necessary.
- Provide Safety Director with reports on projects when necessary.
Must have skills:
- Five (5) plus years of Project Management experience within the Ground-Up Multifamily space
- Five (5) plus years years of General Contracting / Owner-Builder Experience
- Recent Ground-Up MultifamilyConstruction experience
- Wrap Style Building experience
- Type-III Wood Framing on Multifamily Structures experience
We are willing to offer excellent compensation projects including:
- Competitive base salary (DOE)
- Strong bonus structure
- Gas and Cell Allowance
- PTO & Sick Leave
- 401(k) retirement plan
- And more...
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work - In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Multifamily Director of Construction - High-Density Wrap Jobs