2. Work with a tight knit technical team
3. Be a part of an industry leading company
- Provides first-level application / software and hardware troubleshooting and support to users and ensure customer's needs are met.
- Provide end-user software and hardware troubleshooting and support.
- Be proactive and ensure users do not have any outstanding IT requests.
- Install, configure, and upgrade approved hardware, software, and computer-related peripherals.
- Document new procedures and information and update current documentation.
- Assist in updating the inventory lists and IT maps.
- Travel to affiliated stores to assist with computer related issues.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
- MAC OS
- Server Administration
- IT Administration
- IT Support
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
CyberCoders will consider for Employment in the City of Los Angeles qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance.