- Supervises two or more Estimators with the ability to provide valuable input to management regarding hiring or firing decisions.
- Responsible for orientations, training, inspections, and compliance with governing bodies.
- Trains all estimating personnel in proper estimating techniques.
- Oversees preparation of bid packages for subcontractors' use in bidding
- Performs quantity take-offs in all divisions of construction
- Oversees responses to RFPs including the preparation of conceptual cost estimates, budgets, schedules, and other proposal documents.
- Helps identify value-engineering opportunities to present to the owner.
- Establishes relationships with owners and architects to secure new business and participates in client presentation if required.
- Negotiate with subcontractors and suppliers to obtain the best pricing
- Assists Project Manager in establishing cost codes, purchasing, and cost control systems.
- Supervises preparation of bid packages and invitation to bid inquiries, receiving and analyzing bids from subcontractors and suppliers, qualifying subcontractors, and awarding subcontracts with major purchase orders.
- Assists the Project Manager in preparing the schedule including identification of long lead-time items and critical path issues.
- Works with subcontractors and owners to resolve change orders
Bachelor's degree in engineering or construction management or equivalent required.
Minimum of ten (10) years experience in estimating with a minimum of five (5) years as a Senior Estimator.
Extensive knowledge of estimating techniques.
Excellent organizational, supervisory, communication, customer relations, collaboration, and analytical skills.
This position requires long hours sitting and using office equipment, including telephones and computers and may also require some light lifting of files and materials and carrying checks, mail, and other documentation to different departments from time to time.
The position may also involve some repetitive motions of the hands, wrists, and elbows.
This position is normally performed in an office or jobsite office work environment, which does not subject the employee to the elements. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
This position may require a flexible schedule, periodic overtime, and overnight travel as needed.
- Senior Estimator
- Commercial Construction
- Lead Estimator
- Pre-Construction Manager
- Chief Estimator
- Multi-family Construction
- Hospitality Construction
- Senior Living
- Assisted Living
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.