Cyber Defense Solutions has an opportunity for a Malware Analyst to support one of our Federal Customers in the Northern Virginia and DC Metro Area! Give us the chance to give you a good Offer!
Clearance Level: TS/SCI
Citizenship: US Citizenship
Location: Arlington, VA or McLean, VA
OVERVIEW: CDS is seeking skilled Malware Analysts, with Top Secret clearances, to support a large Federal Security Operations Center (SOC). We are offering VERY competitive pay.
Give us the chance to make you a good offer!
We have multiple positions open, depending upon your years of experience. If you have 2 - 15 years of Malware analysis experience, with or without a college degree, we have a position for you.
Candidates must have an existing Top Secret clearance and be able to obtain and maintain a favorably adjudicated DHS background investigation (EOD) for continued employment.
- Experience in reverse engineering.
- Debugging and Debugger experience using Ida Pro or ollydbg
- Disassembling/disassemblers experience.
- Experience developing advanced technological ideas and guiding their development into a final product.
- Analyze and/or reverse-engineer the behavior of malware using both static and dynamic tools and techniques.
- Provide subject matter expertise in the detection, analysis and mitigation of malware, trends in malware development and capabilities, and proficiency with malware analysis capabilities.
- Support the maintenance of malware analysis platforms and tool sets, identify requirements for new malware analysis capabilities, and contribute to the development of new malware analysis tools and techniques.
- Produce reports detailing attributes and functionality of malware, including indicators that can be used for malware identification/detection, the relationship between a given sample of malware and other known samples/families of malware, and notable features that indicate the origin or sophistication of the malware and its authors.
- Communicate and collaborate with technical staff supporting all customer SOC functions.
Available work schedules available: 5 shifts (Days, Swing, Nights and Weekend Days or Weekend nights)
- Demonstrated knowledge in dynamic and static analysis and tools such as IDAPro and Ollydbg
- Familiarity with analyzing disassembly of x86 and x64 binaries
- Possess basic programming and scripting skills (e.g. .NET, Perl, Java, or Python)
- Bachelor’s in an IT related field of study
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience. Salary depends on experience.
- Strong communications and technical writing skills
- Active Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility
- DHS EOD at the SCI level preferred or the ability to obtain it. Must already have a final TS clearance.
- One of the following certifications:
- GREM – GIAC Reverse Engineering Malware (Certified)
- CREA – Certified Reverse Engineering Analyst (Certified)
- Cybersecurity certifications (e.g. CISSP, CEH, Security+, CREA)
- Department of Homeland Security experience desired.
- Familiarity with NOC/SOC operations
- Familiarity with Kill Chain for incident response
- Familiarity with security technologies such as IDS, IPS, and HBSS
- Familiarity with Linux OS and mobile iOS/Android
- Possess customer service experience
CDS, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Main Number: 855-292-3710