Cyanotech Corporation is a world leader in microalgae technology, producing BioAstin® and Hawaiian Spirulina Pacifica®.
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Sales and Marketing this position is primarily responsible for the overall processes and management for both Cyanotech Bulk accounts and Nutrex International and Private Label accounts. This exempt position based in Kona, Hawaii is responsible for the development and implementation of the Bulk and Nutrex International sales strategy, and ensures its alignment with the overall company sales strategy. Responsible for the overall achievement of channel profitability and sales targets. Responsible for providing service and leadership for all clients and potential accounts. Complies with all company policies, procedures, ethics and models the company values. Also performs other duties as assigned.
This is not a supervisory position.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Manages all customers and orders for both Cyanotech Bulk account and Nutrex International and Private Label Accounts
• Manages all new Bulk Cyanotech leads complete with follow-up and closing new account sales
• Manages all new Nutrex International and Private Label leads complete with follow-up and closing new account sales
• Develops account goals and business plans with customers.
• Forecasts, budgets and tracks revenues and expenses of the assigned channels.
• Analyzes international markets by country or region. Works closely with QC to maintain documents for current regulations, current distribution agreements, market trends, demographics, etc.
• Works closely with Material Control to manage inventory
• Works with customers to deliver all required documentation for orders, COA’s, COC’s, spec sheets, etc.
• Actively pursues new business for Bulk and Nutrex International sales based on the overall channel strategy.
• Ensures accurate order processing and timely product arrival to the customer
• Identifies strategies to improve sales and customer service.
• Provides detailed weekly updates and monthly sales reports to Director of Sales and Marketing
• Updates and maintains accurate customer information in Navision (ERP)
• Prepares and processes customer orders, invoices, credit memos, certificates and import documents.
• Provides documents as requested by customers. Works with the Quality department to facilitate document preparation.
• Performs internal audits of quality system as needed.
• Functions in full compliance with GMP and any other pertinent regulatory requirements
• Assists in event and tradeshow set up & registration as needed
• Reads and distributes email from the firstname.lastname@example.org address.
• Supports other Nutrex activities that may come up in the course of business.
• Performs other duties that may be assigned.
May be required to sit for extended periods of time at a computer or talking on the telephone. May need to lift up to 20 lbs on occasion.
Work is performed primarily in an air-conditioned office environment. Some travel may be required.
• Bachelors’ Degree in business, accounting, or other related field. Equivalent years of experience in a relevant field may be substituted.
• Three years of account management or sales experience as inside sales or account executive.
• Working knowledge of international sales issues, trademark and import/export regulations.
• Proficiency in using PC-based applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
• Proficiency in math and analytical aptitude.
• Excellent verbal, written and telephone communication skills.
• Excellent organizational and administrative skills, including time management, multi-tasking, attention to detail, and project management.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Scientific background helpful but not required.
• High level of personal integrity and professional ethics.
• Able to perform the essential job responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
Cyanotech provides a GENEROUS BENEFITS PACKAGE including:
-Full medical and dental for employee and all dependents including chiropractic coverage (nothing withheld from check)
-401(k) with a 2% contribution
-Short and Long-term disability coverage
-3 weeks of PTO
Post-offer background check and drug screen are performed. Must be 18 years or older.
Cyanotech Corporation is an EOE Minorities/Women/Disability/Veterans
All candidates must provide a resume to be considered.