Cyanotech Corporation is a world leader in microalgae technology, producing BioAstin® and Hawaiian Spirulina Pacifica®.
This is a full-time, hourly, non-exempt position located in Kona, Hawaii. This job includes but not limited to helping maintain facility KPI’s, assist in shipping wholesale and retail orders, receive inbound freight and raw materials, ensuring the transfer of stock to other facility, and ensure that GMP guidelines are met. This position will also be responsible for managing the day-to-day operation when the Supervisor is out of the office.
Supervisory Responsibilities (when Supervisor is out of the office):
Distribution Warehouse Specialist - Hawaii
Essential Job Responsibilities:
· Improve current department processes and relationships with internal/external customers
· Enforce all departmental rules and company policies
· Coordinates and assists in processing bulk and packaged product orders
· Maintains effective and proactive communication with carriers.
· Develop alternative shipping routes from Kona.
· Proficient in preparing all documents and other requirements for domestic and international shipments. Such as Certificate of Analyses (C of A’s), Importer Security Filing (ISF), etc.
· Ensures safe transport of goods with minimal financial risk. Working knowledge of the company insurance coverage is important.
· Assists in receiving raw materials, supplies and finished goods.
· Effective, professional communication with customers and vendors.
· Participates actively in resolving and documenting issues.
· Supports Departmental goals by appropriate delegation and supervision.
· Ensures GMP and Regulatory compliance of all handling, distribution, packaging, and labeling activities and materials.
· Ensures weekly reports are maintained and accurate.
· Ensures on-time delivery for all shipments
· Ensures that all receiving is completed daily
· Ensures all products have the correct Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) classification.
· Works closely with other departments to ensure proper inventory levels.
· Ensures all shipments are posted in NAV at the end of every business day.
· Ensures accurate, timely data input and record keeping.
· Assists in performing and reconciling inventories and cycle counts.
· Create SOP’s for all job functions within the Logistics department
· Conduct yearly training on all GMP functions
· Continuous training and developing the staff
· Supports maintaining the warehouse and other work spaces. Ensures efficient, safe work practices.
· Provide feedback on staff performance.
· Conducts Quality Control functions as needed and trained.
· Performs other duties that may be assigned.
This is a hands-on job that will require operating forklift, lifting up to 75 lbs. on occasion, and occasional work performed in minimally temperature-controlled warehouse environment.
This position will be located in the warehouse with occasional work unloading deliveries outside as well as driving company vehicles for deliveries.
· High School diploma or GED.
· Two years of College or five years of experience in logistics and distribution.
· Valid Driver’s License.
· Proficiency with PC-based computer applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
· Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
· Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills. Basic problem-solving skills.
· Forklift operating skills. Must become certified according to safety regulations.
· Able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
· Knowledge in NAV and system upgrade
· Ability to train others
Cyanotech provides a GENEROUS BENEFITS PACKAGE including:
-Full medical and dental for employee and all dependents including chiropractic coverage (nothing withheld from check)
-401(k) with a 2% contribution
-Short and Long-term disability coverage
-3 weeks of PTO
Post-offer background check and drug screen are performed. Must be 18 years or older.
Cyanotech Corporation is an EOE Minorities/Women/Disability/Veterans
All candidates must provide a resume to be considered.