Cyanotech Corporation is a world leader in microalgae technology, producing BioAstin® and Hawaiian Spirulina Pacifica®.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Provides customer service, and administrative support to the Sales and Marketing Department for both Nutrex Hawaii and Cyanotech Bulk. This is a key position for supporting customer requirements in Order Management and Technical Support. Position functions in full compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and pertinent FDA and FTC regulatory requirements for labeling and marketing of Dietary Supplements. This position is located in the Kailua Kona office.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Responsible for answering all phone calls coming into Nutrex and the Cyanotech phone number.
• Manages accounts and orders daily
• Responsible for all customer support related activities including: processing returns, credit memos and
handling complaints for Direct to Consumer and Bulk.
• Monitors all customer support email accounts (and responds accordingly).
• Processes all Nutrex Direct to Consumer phone orders.
• Uses Nutrex-Hawaii.com web platform to place all orders, assist consumers with subscription orders, and manage customer accounts and information.
• Fully train on all aspects of Bulk Order Management and support bulk sales team as needed.
• Answers and routes telephone calls to appropriate staff members. Screens and prioritizes calls as requested.
• Updates, organizes, and supplies marketing materials, technical bulletins, and office forms.
• Greets all guests and ensures they all sign into the visitor log.
• Sets up and monitors central area for marketing materials, replenish as needed.
• Processes sample orders and tracks deliveries.
• Provides backup support for Sales and Marketing staff as needed.
• Accurate and timely filing of information.
• Ensures compliance to all applicable GMPs relating to the handling of product complaints, and written
• Performs other duties that may be assigned.
May be required to sit for extended periods of time at a computer or talking on the telephone. May need to lift up to 20 lbs on occasion.
Work is performed primarily in an air-conditioned office environment.
• Associate or Bachelors’ Degree in business, accounting, or other related field.
• Two years or more of sales and/or customer service experience.
• Self-starter and able to multi-task, managing a wide array of workloads.
• Proficiency in using PC-based applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
• Proficiency in math and analytical aptitude.
• Experience using copier, scanners, and other standard office equipment.
• Excellent verbal, written and telephone communication skills.
• Excellent organizational and administrative skills, including time management, multi-tasking and project management.
• Scientific background helpful but not required.
• Aggressive “sales attitude” necessary.
• Able to perform the essential job responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
Cyanotech provides a GENEROUS BENEFITS PACKAGE including:
-Full medical and dental for employee and all dependents including chiropractic coverage (nothing withheld from check)
-401(k) with a 2% contribution
-Short and Long-term disability coverage
-3 weeks of PTO
Post-offer background check and drug screen are performed. Must be 18 years or older.
Cyanotech Corporation is an EOE Minorities/Women/Disability/Veterans
All candidates must provide a resume to be considered.