Cyanco International LLC Winnemucca, NV
- Posted: over a month ago
The Process Engineer will provide engineering and technical support by monitoring, controlling and evaluating the operational performance of Cyanco’s production plants. She/he will work to optimize all production processes to improve performance and quality, reduce cost, and support process implementations. She/he will also use safe, data driven solutions to help achieve the businesses objectives.Essential Duties
- Monitor and control plant processes and systems to achieve manufacturing excellence, with a focus on raw material usage, stock and site control, utility minimization, and plant reliability.
- Manage stock and maintain accountability for balancing the stock and plant rate.
- Maintain ownership and accountability for plant piping and instrument diagrams (PFD/PID).
- Lead plant start up activities and new process roll outs to ensure that procedures are followed.
- Participate in the development and implementation of operating procedures and system manuals.
- Ensure that all processes are compliant with relevant permits, regulatory and company standards.
- Measure and report on production lost tonnes reporting and Total Equipment; effective performance measurement and reporting
- Assist plant managers as needed with production scheduling and planning.
- Monitor lab results for each process stream including raw material, products and effluents. Identify improvements / corrections and take appropriate actions based on the correction required.
- Monitor equipment performance on a regular basis. Perform efficiency checks for key equipment and resolve any identified bottlenecks or performance issues.
- Lead and/or participate in investigations of process interruptions; contribute to HAZOPs (PPSR/PHA/PSM), root cause analysis, etc. Implement corrective actions as needed.
- Identify, prioritize and implement process improvement initiatives to reduce cost, improve quality, and support new process roll outs.
- Responsible for overseeing the change management process.
- Provide technical support for plant operation, process start-ups, operating procedures, etc.; troubleshoot and resolve issues as needed.
- Contribute to the development and skills of the operations team. Lead and/or participate in training programs to ensure process knowledge and operating competence.
Non-Essential Duties: Performs all other duties as assigned.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proficient at developing, evaluating, adapting and modifying plant production, chemical processes, warehouse techniques, etc.
- Experienced working in a large-scale chemical production facility.
- Ability to handle and correlate large amounts data with statistical confidence.
- Thorough when performing work and conscientious about attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task throughout the day and willingness to work in collaborative teams across boundaries.
- Takes accountability for key result areas, achieves results and continuously seeks to improve standards
- Continually challenges the way things have been done and seeks best practices when developing solutions or overcoming issues
- Communicates openly, honestly and in a professional manner; presents ideas in a clear, concise and organized manner (both verbally & in written form)
- Uses safety systems and processes to the required standards.
- Able to work within and support Cyanco’s Core Values
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering, required
- 5+ years in an industrial / manufacturing / chemical / mineral processing industry, required
- A track record of identifying and delivering significant process improvements
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The following physical demands are required for this position:
- Able to wear a respirator and other personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Able to work outside for long periods of time and able to work in inclement weather
- Regularly sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear
- Required to regularly use technology tools including computers, cell phones, etc.
- Able to use computers and/or monitors for significant amounts of time
- Required to stand, walk, and stoop; able to frequently ascend and descend stairs
- Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Able to drive at night
Cyanco’s Core Values are an integral part of who we are as a company and how we achieve our Mission and Vision:
- Safety: We will always work to the highest safety standards, relying on all Cyanco employees to help manage risk with vigilance and transparency
- Accountability: We are accountable for ourselves, our colleagues, our customers and our company
- Continuous Improvement: We work to deliver outstanding results by building a culture of exceptional execution and rewarding those who create great outcomes
- Customer Focus: Cyanco exists to serve its customers. Every decision we make and every outcome we measure is based on how well it serves those customers
- Teamwork: We step up as fully committed team members, inspiring, challenging and supporting each other to be our best
- Trust: We’re honest, transparent and committed to doing what’s best for our customers and our company
This job description is a summary of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees are expected to perform tasks, as assigned by supervisor, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
Cyanco International LLC
ManufacturingView all jobs at Cyanco International LLC