Cutwater Spirits is currently hiring a Quality Technician I to join our growing team.
Our new Quality Technician I, performs quality control checks on products during the production cycle to ensure items meet safety regulations and consistent product specifications. The Quality Technician I is involved in the entire course of manufacturing including shelf-life stability. They inspect components prior to processing, analyze products during production, and test finished goods. They support the ongoing lab environment by maintaining glassware; maintaining logs and record books; troubleshooting and resolving problems; helping with special projects. This position works under the direction of the Director of Quality.
- Daily Testing and monitoring of fermentations/distillations, production, packaging, and food grade facility.
- Collects samples and runs pre-operation, in-process, and post-operation testing for pH, ABV/proof, color, metals, ATP swabbing, etc.
- Packaging checks include CO2, O2, fill levels and volumes, labels, code dates, glass deviation, can variations, etc.
- Record and report testing results.
- Preforms calibration and verification for all laboratory equipment.
- Follow and practice GMP’s, Food Safety, SOPs, and Safety procedures.
- Communicate and promote continuous quality and safety throughout Cutwater.
- Laboratory housekeeping which includes maintaining cleanliness of work space and equipment.
The right applicants will:
- Understands and employs a Safety-First approach.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to maintain confidential matters.
- Ability to work independently as well as strong team orientation and ability to work with diverse group of individuals.
- Must successfully use simple math, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to operate laboratory instruments.
- Knowledge of basic laboratory procedures and techniques.
- Strong technical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Scheduling flexibility--ability to work a variety of shifts and availability on weekends.
- Ability to operate computer systems including: Microsoft Office (Outlook and Excel).
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in science-intensive discipline and/or strong science background.
- Prior year lab experience in beverage and/or food science setting (preferred).
Cutwater Spirits offers competitive pay, benefits and a fantastic work environment. Compensation package includes paid time off, holidays, and ability to participate in company benefit programs (health, dental, vision, life, disability, FSA and 401k).
If you are a smart, dedicated person that gets excited about Science and the Science of Alcohol, this might be the right position for you.
If you think you have what it takes to be our Quality Technician I, please send your resume to: jobs@CutwaterSpirits.com.