Outside Sales Representative - Michigan Territory
- Expired: January 20, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our Mission is to introduce exceptionally versatile products for empowered humans that share our pioneering spirit to find new ways forward.
Our Culture: We are committed to continuous improvement and we eagerly take on new challenges. We value learning, hard work, persistence and results, all coupled with a positive attitude. We help one another, and we ask for help to make improvements in our products, our processes, and ourselves so that we may delight our customers.
The Corporate Outside Sales Representative is responsible for pioneering and adding new customer relationships and new opportunities with current clients, in an assigned territory for the Corporate Division at Cutter & Buck. Works within the sales and sales support teams for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term account goals in line with company vision and values. This position supports the assigned accounts in the Michigan territory.
Job Summary and Essential Functions:
- Travel consistently within the assigned territory as a representative of Cutter & Buck to professionally promote C&B proprietary products and services as well as New Wave Group Companies products and services to new and existing accounts.
- Focus on new account acquisition in the territory.
- Develop proper relations and rapport with client's sales personnel within the territory in order to maximize sales results.
- Initiate regular in person and electronic contact with assigned accounts regarding any opportunities to maximize their business with Cutter & Buck.
- Maintains accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, and follow-up activities within the assigned territory.
- Partners with Customer Service, Embroidery Development, and Sales Operations to meet customer demands.
- Participates at regional industry tradeshows including organizing peripheral training or entertainment events.
- Contributes information to market strategy by monitoring competitive products and reactions from accounts.
- Responsible for managing expenses and submitting reports in the manner prescribed by the company.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, as well as verbal and written communication skills in order to develop and maintain key internal and external relationships to support business success.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision via a remote supervisor relationship, including exercising good judgment when making independent decisions.
- Must be able to present materials comfortably in a group environment, or must be able to learn this skill quickly.
- Demonstrates a competent level of understanding of Cutter & Buck products and benefits and can present in a professional manner.
- Working knowledge of textiles, fabrics, and general garment construction terms as they apply to Cutter & Buck product lines, as necessary for sales presentation to accounts/customers.
- Manages expenditure of financial resources in a fiscally responsible manner.
Mindset and orientation:
- Adoption of Cutter & Buck’s Vision.
- Maintaining a customer-first position.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, multitask, and demonstrate flexibility in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Embrace challenges, learn from criticism, and be willing to see effort as the path to mastery.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field is required.
- Minimum of one year sales experience or experience in a sales or sales support role required.
- Demonstrated proficiency using MS Office Suite, website navigation, electronic communication
- High level of awareness of social media and the ability to quickly adopt new forms of communication are required.
Workplace in Territory:
- Home office or mobile office; must reside in assigned territory. Michigan legal address required. We will not consider relocation or other states for this position.
- Technology provided may include laptop or tablet, mobile plan reimbursement.
- Daily travel by car required, overnight trips as necessary to service the territory.
- Seasonal air travel required, (including weekends) to regional and national tradeshows. While traveling, must be prepared to transport sales sample lines and props for sales presentations.
- Valid Drivers License and satisfactory driving record required upon hire and maintained during employment in this role.
- High energy, dynamic work environment where you have access to all areas of the organization.
- Driven sales environment with constant communication to internal partners as well as customers.
Our Workplace: Employees shall work in a non-hostile work environment. That is, the employee is expected not to engage in any activity that unreasonably interferes with performance of any other employee, such as sexual harassment, unlawful discrimination or any other behavior that unduly demeans or intimidates another employee.
Cutter & Buck is a COVID19 Vaccination or weekly testing required employer. New hires must be either fully vaccinated or test upon hire AND weekly in order to travel and be face to face with customers.
Cutter & Buck is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and socially responsible company. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment post-offer substance abuse testing, complete post-offer background check are required for all positions. A clear driving record is required for this position.
Cutter & Buck
AddressGrand Rapids, MI
BusinessView all jobs at Cutter & Buck