General Manager - Oakland, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
In this role, the General Manager is responsible for driving success of strategic objectives while directing the warehouse, distribution, inventory management and related operations for assigned facilities and is responsible for a safe, profitable operation. In addition, the General Manager will oversee day-to-day operations including processes, reporting, improvements, and personnel.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for the management of all regional warehouse operations and staff.
- Oversee warehousing and distribution channels, strategize and optimize logistics operations, and manage and develop relationships with third party providers.
- Responsible for setting strategic direction for the warehouse network and coordinating with the team to foster and maintain relationships with our selected 3PL provider(s).
- Reviews analyses of activities, costs (full P&L responsibility), operations, WM systems, and forecast data to determine department or regional progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Drive a culture of safety throughout all regional facilities.
- Conducts facility audits and oversees the administration and supplies necessary training throughout the region.
- Ensure the quality management system procedures and processes are implemented and maintained; oversee productivity, quality, and safety in accordance with company needs and customer requirements
- Confers with executive management staff to review achievements and discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from current status and conditions.
- Drive continuous improvement across the region ensuring best practice sharing and constant drive for cost excellence.
- Maximize labor productivity and limit overtime with improvements in scheduling, work planning and work processes
- Actively participates and in some occasions, leads the implementation of new customers or current customers to include but not limited to; determining rate schedule, negotiating Level of Service agreement, identifying Standard Operating Procedures, etc.
- Oversees all warehouse equipment purchases. Participates in equipment selection. Budgets and negotiates purchase and leasing contracts.
- Establishes operational procedures for timely and accurate activities such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of materials, and keeping warehouse inventory current.
- Recruit, hire, train, and retain employees who can meet company performance objectives on inventory control and storage, shipping, receiving and exceptions.
- Responsible for creating an atmosphere that promotes employee involvement while communicating regularly with all employees keeping them abreast of our Company values and goals.
Demonstrate to comply with Custom Goods’ Core Behavior:
- Servant Leadership
- Passion for Excellence
- Intense Safety Focus
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university highly preferred or 7-10 years related experience at management level, in logistics; or equivalent combination of education and experience in a high-volume warehouse, preferably cross dock or transloading, distribution, manufacturing or similar environment.
- At Least 5 years managing a logistics and supply chain distribution network and managing exempt employees.
- Proven ability to measure and perform against internal expectations, industry standards, WMS systems, equipment, and safety related programs.
- Working knowledge in a cross dock, pic n pack, kitting and sales environment preferred.
- Working knowledge of OSHA, DOT, HAZMAT, FDA regulations and the willingness to become certified in one or more of these areas as necessary.
- Prior experience with the preparation of operating budgets, capital improvement projects, cost reduction initiatives and productivity improvement plans.
- Excellent in interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop and maintain collaborative relations among all levels of an organization.
- Computer literacy with MS Office Suite essential; prior experience with Warehouse Management Systems or Transportation Management Systems desirable.
AAP/EEO Statement: Custom Goods, LLC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
This commitment extends to all aspects of Custom Goods’ employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.
Customs Goods LLC
Get fresh Lead Generation Sales jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.