Customer Service Representative
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Customer Service Representative - Lincolnshire, IL
$50,000 to $55,000/annually
We are a mid-sized manufacturer of technologically inspired furniture, making comfortable, user-friendly, high quality pieces that will last a lifetime- that is our guarantee.
We are seeking a Customer Service Representative that can handle a fast-paced environment with a high volume of correspondence via email (90% email, 10% phone). Under the supervision of the Customer Service Manager, the Customer Service Representative performs a wide variety of duties to support internal departments and external clients. No two days are alike, so we are searching for someone that thrives on the variety of responsibilities in this position.
The ideal Customer Service Representative is a motivated, quick learner, with great time management skills who can work independently, with frequent interruptions and changing priorities depending on the needs of the department and our clients.
The role of the Customer Service Representative is to help meet client (internal & external) demand primarily via e-mail, provide exceptional service to showroom sales reps and direct customers, and organize and manage spreadsheet files and department calendars. It is also their responsibly to maintain and expand relationships with clients and vendors by performing the duties with professionalism.
Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Hybrid work model (three days in office, two days remote).
Duties of the Customer Service Representative:
- Exercise discretion and judgment to take appropriate action needed with direct customers to ensure every order is complete, thorough and accurate before it is placed into production
- Ensure quoted production lead times are accurate order status to sales reps or customers
- Provide proactive follow-up and updates to management as orders moves through production steps
- Interact with the showroom sales rep or client to address any issues that may develop
- Ensure quality of final products meets brand specifications and standards
- Coordinate all final tasks of invoicing and shipping on a timely basis
- Provide product quotes to showrooms and clients on a timely basis
- Handle any customer service issues with regards to returns, repairs, or exchanges
- Create and manage department spreadsheets and calendars
- Help manage samples and shop drawings
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications Customer Service Representative:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university or 1-3 years related experience in customer service with a manufacturer or distributor
- ERP experience required
- Strong computer and MS Office skills, especially Excel
- Strong numerical skills
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
Customer Service Manager
Get fresh Customer Service Representatives jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.