- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
EXTRAORDINARY PEOPLE. EXCITING POSSIBILITIES. GREAT OPPORTUNITY.
Custom Truck One Source has changed the way the industry looks at specialized truck and heavy equipment solutions. With sales, rentals, aftermarket parts and service, equipment customization, remanufacturing, financing solutions, and asset disposal, our team of experts, vast equipment breadth and integrated network of locations across North America offer superior service and unmatched efficiency for our customers. Your success is what's next with Custom Truck One Source.
This position will play a key role in the company’s tax function with majority of focus on sales & use tax and property tax. It will be necessary to understand a complex legal entity structure and to quickly master different sales systems. You will be responsible for resolving daily tax inquiries and customer exemption requests in a fast-paced environment. You will be empowered to continually analyze processes for improvement and increase automation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing and analyzing monthly sales data reports
- Preparing month-end account reconciliations and journal entries
- Preparing, filing, and remitting electronic payments for sales and use tax, federal excise tax, and Canadian transactional tax returns in an accurate and timely fashion
- Conducting all property tax compliance functions including tax return preparation and payments
- Analyzing, approving, and maintaining sales tax exemption certificates received from customers
- Overseeing all vendor tax exemption certificate requests
- Renewing annual business licenses and tax registrations
- Obtaining sales tax audit documentation and reviewing audit workpapers
- Effectively communicating with internal personnel, customers and taxing jurisdictions to research and resolve tax issues and notices.
- Running of ad hoc reports or other special projects as assigned
- Identifying process improvements and documenting process instructions
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or another related field
- 4+ years of experience with multi-state sales tax, property tax, and tax research and analysis.
- Sales tax software system experience
- Understanding of tax principles of sales & use tax and property tax
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Tech-savvy, comfortable navigating various systems
- Ability to understand a complex legal entity structure
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Strong time management skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- M3, Vertex Cloud, Power Bi, Adobe Acrobat, DocuWare and Microsoft products
- Intellectual curiosity and a continuous improvement mindset
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and project management skills
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Must possess and demonstrate the highest level of personal integrity and professional judgment.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative and respectful manner with all levels within the organization, from senior management to operating personnel
- This job will be conducted in an office environment with potential for a hybrid work schedule
- You will be responsible for a variety of demanding tax functions while maintaining a healthy work-life balance
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to sit at computer for extended periods of time
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Competitive Health Care
- Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Holidays
- STD/ LTD
- Partner Discounts
- Investment in Employee Development
Custom Truck One Source is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Custom Truck One Source
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Custom Truck One Source
Get fresh Tax Research Analyst jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.