EXTRAORDINARY PEOPLE. EXCITING POSSIBILITIES. GREAT OPPORTUNITY.
Custom Truck One Source has changed the way the industry looks at specialized truck and heavy equipment solutions. With sales, rentals, aftermarket parts and service, equipment customization, remanufacturing, financing solutions, and asset disposal, our team of experts, vast equipment breadth and integrated network of locations across North America offer superior service and unmatched efficiency for our customers. Your success is what's next with Custom Truck One Source.
Determine and perform needed assessment, diagnosis, replacement and repair of hydraulic equipment with minimal oversight. Provide written documentation of repairs as required by the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assess, diagnose, repair and/or replace damaged or worn parts for variety of manufacturers of utility equipment to ensure quality standards within budget, including but not limited to:
- Operate and inspect machines or heavy equipment to diagnose defects
- Fit bearings to adjust, repair, or overhaul mobile mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment.
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions to determine required repairs, using pressure gauges and flow test equipment and calibration devices.
- Rebuild gearboxes properly with no rework within acceptable time.
- Rebuild outriggers or boom lift cylinders properly with no rework within acceptable time.
- Perform initial inspection of unit and diagnostics including parts requisition without having missed or improperly identified items.
- Perform complete remount of units including but not limited:
- Dismantle and reassemble heavy equipment using hoists and hand tools as necessary.
- Hose replacement, assembly and testing with no rework within acceptable time.
- Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturers' specifications.
- Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment and vehicles.
- Examine and adjust protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices to ensure all equipment meets the organizational quality and safety standards.
- Read and understand operating manuals, blueprints, and technical drawings.
- Test drive vehicles to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly in order to prevent post sales claims.
- Raise vehicles and heavy parts or equipment using hydraulic jacks or hoists to inspect and repair in manner that assures company quality standards are met.
- Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications to meet company quality standards.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records of parts, services and labor to track costs so vehicles can be properly priced and reflect the value of quality offered by the company.
- Submit all work/repair orders as required to a supervisor for approval to ensure budgets are maintained and costs of vehicle repairs accurately reflected.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and attitude while working with a diverse group.
- Consider innovative solutions to problems and share them with the company's leadership team to ensure organizational advancement.
- Proactively seek out advice in areas where you are unsure or may lack knowledge to ensure the company's quality standards are met.
- Perform other duties as directed in professional manner.
- Perform all duties in in accordance with best practices for a safe work environment.
- Attend monthly safety meetings held by Custom Truck One Source.
The following are representative of the knowledge and skills necessary for an applicant to be successful in the role of Service Technician:
- Three years related experience
- Extremely detail oriented and accurate.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Adapting to changing work priorities.
- Meeting deadlines and schedules.
- Setting priorities.
- Repairing - Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Troubleshooting - Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Operation and Control - Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Operation Monitoring - Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Equipment Maintenance - Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Quality Control Analysis - Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Equipment Selection - Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
The following are representative of the mental and physical requirements necessary for an applicant perform the essential functions of this role:
- Attitude - This job requires "people" skills and a genuine desire to service the client. A positive attitude and willingness to maintain a professional demeanor with clients and team members is essential to this position.
- Attendance - The ability to work as scheduled with punctual attendance, Monday-Friday plus any additional hours/days necessary in order to meet business demands.
- The job is performed under extreme temperature variations and some hazardous conditions.
- Occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some climbing and balancing on ladders and platforms of heights above 42", significant stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling throughout an 8-12 hour day, and up to 60 hours per week.
- Must be able to safely operate equipment at heights up to and exceeding 100 feet.
- Oral Expression and comprehension - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand. The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Written Comprehension and expression - The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing. The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Reasoning - The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense. The ability to tell when something is wrong and solve the problem or seek advice.
- Manual dexterity - The ability to type or operate common mechanical tools and equipment up to 12 hours per day, 60 hours per week.
- Lifting - The ability to bend, stoop and lift up to 50 lbs.
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Competitive Health Care
- Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Holidays
- STD/ LTD
- Partner Discounts
- Investment in Employee Development
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER Custom Truck One Source provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.