- Posted: over a month ago
EXTRAORDINARY PEOPLE. EXCITING POSSIBILITIES. GREAT OPPORTUNITY.
Custom Truck One Source has changed the way the industry looks at specialized truck and heavy equipment solutions. With sales, rentals, aftermarket parts and service, equipment customization, remanufacturing, financing solutions, and asset disposal, our team of experts, vast equipment breadth and integrated network of locations across North America offer superior service and unmatched efficiency for our customers. Your success is what's next with Custom Truck One Source.
Are you a driven candidate with solid heavy equipment experience? If so, we are looking for you! We are growing rapidly and looking for an experienced diesel mechanics who will partner with our team. The role is located at our Cabot, AR location.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
You understand the heavy equipment business and have a drive for being an active part of solutions. You set the bar high and set an example for other leaders and colleagues on how to work collaboratively with the highest level of integrity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Assess, diagnose, repair and/or replace damaged or worn parts for variety of manufacturers of utility equipment to ensure quality standards within budget, including but not limited to:
• Operate and inspect machines or heavy equipment to diagnose defects.
• Fit bearings to adjust, repair, or overhaul mobile mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment.
• Diagnose faults or malfunctions to determine required repairs, using pressure gauges and flow test equipment and calibration devices.
• Rebuild gearboxes properly with no rework within acceptable time.
• Rebuild outriggers or boom lift cylinders properly with no rework within acceptable time.
• Perform initial inspection of unit and diagnostics including parts requisition without having missed or improperly identified items.
• Dismantle and reassemble heavy equipment using hoists and hand tools as necessary.
• Hose replacement, assembly and testing with no rework within acceptable time.
• Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturers' specifications.
• Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment and vehicles.
• Examine and adjust protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices to ensure all equipment meets the organizational quality and safety standards.
• Read and understand operating manuals, blueprints, and technical drawings.
• Raise vehicles and heavy parts or equipment using hydraulic jacks or hoists to inspect and repair in manner that assures company quality standards are met.
• Prepare and maintain accurate records of parts, services and labor to track costs so vehicles can be properly priced and reflect the value of quality offered by the company.
• Submit all work/repair orders as required to a supervisor for approval to ensure budgets are maintained and costs of vehicle repairs accurately reflected.
• Consider innovative solutions to problems and share them with the company's leadership team.
• Perform other duties as directed in professional manner.
• Perform all duties in in accordance with best practices for a safe work environment
• Attend monthly safety meetings held by Custom Truck One Source.
Required Skills and Qualifications
• Must hold a valid driver’s license
• High school diploma or the equivalent.
• Must have your own tools
• Extremely detail oriented and accurate
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Setting priorities and adapting to changing work priorities
• Must be self-sufficient and driven
• Meeting deadlines and schedules
• Strong attendance record
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, physical, and audiogram.
• General mechanical aptitude and experience with parts required. Knowledge of hydraulic, heavy equipment, diesel truck and/or farm equipment preferred.
• General aptitude in working with common computer software (MS Office Suite, internet, etc.) to accurately record time spent on repair orders.
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing a positive service experience. This includes internal client needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Attitude: This job requires "people" skills and a genuine desire to service the client. A positive attitude and willingness to maintain a professional demeanor with clients and team members is essential to this position
• Give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
• Talk to others to convey information effectively
• Understand written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents
• Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
• Monitor/Assess performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action
• 401(k) with Employer Match
• Competitive Health Care
• Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
• Paid Vacation, Sick and Holidays
• STD/ LTD
• Partner Discounts
• Investment in Employee Development
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Custom Truck One Source provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Custom Truck One Source
ManufacturingView all jobs at Custom Truck One Source