SERVICE MECHANIC (DIESEL) - $2,000 Sign-On Bonus!
- Expired: February 23, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Custom Truck One Source 300 Johnson Street Wilkes-Barre Township, PA 18702
We have a great opportunity for a Service Technician in our Wilkes-Barre, PA location and are offering a $2,000 sign-on bonus!
- Interview ASAP! Contact Carl at CTOS Recruiting 816-912-7068
Do you have experience working Aerial Cranes, Farm, Construction or Medium / Heavy duty truck equipment?
- You will work with a variety of equipment including aerial cranes, bucket trucks, boom trucks, dump trucks, conveyors, digger derricks, pressure diggers, and aerial lifts and more.
- Do you experience or an interest in working with truck-mounted hydraulic utility equipment such as aerial devices, digger derricks, chippers, cranes; construction, mining, farm equipment such as excavators, skid steers, dozers or tractors; military heavy equipment, or tanks; aircraft and aerospace or ground support equipment
- CTOS offers Competitive pay (based on experience and raises based on performance) and excellent benefits
Determine and perform needed assessment, diagnosis, replacement and repair of medium and heavy duty trucks and their associated upfit components. Candidates must be willing to work in a team oriented environment and track repairs within company software systems. Service performed will include, but not be limited to, engine, transmission, suspension, brakes, hydraulics, electric, and other associated systems.
- Assess, diagnose, repair and/or replace damaged or worn parts for variety of manufacturers of utility and railroad equipment to ensure quality standards within budget.
- Operate and inspect machines or heavy equipment to diagnose defects.
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions to determine required repairs, using pressure gauges and flow test equipment and calibration devices.
- Perform initial inspection of unit and diagnostics including parts requisition without having missed or improperly identified items.
- Dismantle and reassemble heavy equipment using hoists and hand tools as necessary.
- Hydraulic hose replacement, assembly and testing.
- Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturers' specifications.
- Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment and vehicles.
- Read and understand operating manuals and technical drawings.
- Test drive vehicles to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly in order to prevent post sales claims.
- Raise vehicles and heavy parts or equipment using hydraulic jacks or hoists to inspect and repair in a manner that assures company quality standards are met.
- Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications to meet company quality standards.
- Perform DOT, rail and boom inspections.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records of parts, services and labor to track costs so vehicles can be properly priced and reflect the value of quality offered by the company.
- Submit all work/repair orders as required to a supervisor for approval to ensure budgets are maintained and costs of vehicle repairs are accurately reflected.
- Knowledge of utility and/or railroad vehicles and familiarity with operating systems (booms/buckets, diggers, cable reels, hyrail, & track vehicles).
- Knowledge of electronics and hydraulics
- 2+ years of related experience
- Formal Technical training a plus
- ASE certifications in Medium and Heavy duty vehicles a plus
- Safety oriented
- Extremely detail oriented and accurate.
- Mechanical aptitude; Pride in quality workmanship .
- Adapting to changing work priorities.
- Meeting deadlines and schedules.
- Able and likes to work in a fast paced environment.
- Repairing: Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Troubleshooting: Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Operation and Control: Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Operation Monitoring: Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Equipment Maintenance: Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Quality Control Analysis: Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Equipment Selection: Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Judgment and Decision Making: Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Competitive Health Care
- Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Holidays
- STD/ LTD
- Partner Discounts
- Investment in Employee Development
Custom Truck One Source provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws
Custom Truck One Source
AutomotiveView all jobs at Custom Truck One Source
Get fresh Diesel Truck Mechanic jobs daily straight to your inbox!