Our client, a nonprofit organization which identifies, invests in, and scales up the strategies most poised to make a local and national impact on social problems confronting young people and families in poverty is seeking an experienced Administrative Assistant to support a Managing Director.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
Provide senior managers and teams with timely, proactive, high-quality administrative support, such as:
- Managing complex calendars, scheduling internal and external appointments, meetings and calls.
- Making travel plans, reservations and arrangements.
- Sorting and prioritizing mail, taking phone messages, returning calls, and responding to email.
- Preparing monthly expense reports and administrative check requests; processing expense/check requests for consultants, vendors and others.
- Drafting, editing and proofreading contracts, presentations, correspondence and other materials in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Provide general administrative support, including copying, filing, record keeping, and back-up coverage for the reception desk and the other assistants.
- Support research, data management and reporting needs.
- Support internal and external meetings and events which may include: scheduling; engaging with vendors as needed; managing onsite or offsite conference room reservations, catering, meeting materials, and audio-visual requirements; ensure video/conference call lines are reserved.
- Provide similar support for larger off-site events as needed.
- Support the production and conveyance of materials for internal and external meetings, including preparing agendas, drafting and revising documents, compiling materials into PDF format and creating hard-copy binders for distribution.
This is long-term temporary position which may have the potential to convert to a perm position.
The hours are Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm with one hour for a non paid lunch break.
The pay scale is between $26.00-$30.00 per hour, depending on experience.
Please submit your resume as a Word document or PDF.